The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The Machinist. It's Christian Bale's new movie where where he dropped down to about 130 lbs. to play a guy with an extreme case of insomnia. Too bad it's being given the Equilibrium treatment. It's only showing in two theaters (NY and LA).

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61333  by Nixon
 Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:03 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... html">Some Nytol?</a>

The Machinist. It's Christian Bale's new movie where where he dropped down to about 130 lbs. to play a guy with an extreme case of insomnia. Too bad it's being given the Equilibrium treatment. It's only showing in two theaters (NY and LA).</div>

#61338  by Stephen
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:41 am
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Equilibrium blew. I hear this one's pretty mediocre, too.</div>

#61342  by SineSwiper
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:00 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>The plot blew. The action was worth watching at least a few times.</div>

#61350  by Zeus
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:33 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Great action never makes up for bad story. I couldn't watch it again 'cause of that</div>

#61355  by Stephen
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:58 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>For people who like their action sequences choreographed as flashy dance routines, sure.</div>

#61367  by Guybrush Threepwood
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Arial; text-align: left; '>And we are!</div>

#61368  by Nixon
 Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:04 pm
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>I liked tha movie simply because it was hilarious in its absurdity. I used to be angry that it had a limited release, but in retrospect, it was a good decision. Had it been released nationwide, there was a chance it would've made some money, which would encourage other diectors to follow the same.</div>