The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• The next season of Six Feet Under to be the last. I can live with that as long as it was Alan Ball's decision.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61526  by Torgo
 Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:07 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://channels.netscape.com/ns/tv/stor ... iew=">Haha! "Bury" Six Feet Under! Get it? Oh, the wit!</a>

The next season of Six Feet Under to be the last. I can live with that as long as it was Alan Ball's decision.</div>

#61530  by Zeus
 Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:36 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That's too bad, but not overly unexpected. They had a great comeback in Season 4 after their only weak season. I was hoping for 2 more years (standard HBO length), but I hope they go out with a bang</div>

#61542  by Torgo
 Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:58 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Can't wait till next season. Season 4 kicked ass, even though I went into it without seeing much of season 3 (only saw about 1 and a half episdes).</div>

#61543  by Zeus
 Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:19 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That's not necessarily a bad thing. Seriously, the show's so great that a mediocre season like 3 sticks out like a sore thumb. But you still gotta see it as a fan, I guess :-)</div>
 #61605  by SineSwiper
 Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:42 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I wanted consistency in personality, not ever changing personas that always succumbed to their own weaknesses. American Beauty was about the characters dominating their own weaknesses. I stopped watching after the first season.</div>

#61613  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:41 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Too bad, the second and fourth season were wonderful (second my fav). The show was popular because of the depth of the characters and the realistic manner in which extraordinary situations affect them. Plus they had no less than 6 fully-developed characters. Season 3 focused on Nate, thus it was bad</div>

#61664  by Torgo
 Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:37 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Ever changing personas? How so?</div>
 #61682  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:28 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I was perfectly happy with Brenda's brother being crazy but not psycho. Then you saw a few episodes where you're going "Oh shit...the fucking writers have changed the character for a ratings boost." and then they had all of this bullshit of her "living a lie" with her brother. Another was Brenda's mother breaking up with her father. It was fine at it was, as a bizzare couple that somehow managed to stay together in a defined set of rules. Then you had Nate breaking his own personality and becoming the cheater. The house burning down at the first or second episode, which they just threw away as a bad plot line.

David's coming out was good, but Keith's initial breakup wasn't. Neither was the way they just toss away perfectly good assistants in the 2nd season. Ruth suddenly getting married? Please. Federico cheating on his wife? Bullshit.</div>

#61689  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:09 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I can agree about the Rico thing, but I personally thought the way they handled the rest of it was great</div>
 #61701  by Torgo
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:15 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Nate dealing with his guilt in particular. And I don't really have a problem with Ruth and her numerous suitors. I actually think that's one of the funnier parts of the show, given her personality.</div>

#61709  by Zeus
 Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:18 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>You don't like Brenda? Dear Lord, man, she's the best character in the show. It was actually in the fourth season where they weakened her character a bit, and she was shown a helluva lot more than Season 3</div>