The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• What do you anime heads think about the new Cartoon Network lineup?  Full Metal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell, and Super Milk Chan?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#61663  by Eric
 Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:43 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Full Metal Alchemist is awesome, it starts off a little slow, but it's a great anime. Ghost in the Shell is one of those acquired tastes, you either love it or hate it...Ummm Super Milk Chan....errr...umm...yeah...well....errr....ok.</div>

#61667  by Gentz
 Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:33 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Full Metal Alchemist seems like it's gonna be fucking awesome. GitS was cool. I slept through Super Milk Chan but the minute I saw of it looked completely insane.</div>

#61670  by Julius Seeker
 Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:21 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Wait the fuck a minute here, "Super Milk Chan" =P</div>

#61673  by Tessian
 Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:47 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>haha I pretty much mirror Eric and Gentz thoughts. FMA will rock, I like GitS so far, and SMC is...fucked up. I kept hoping that CN had written their own dialogue for the story...but no, it fits together too well</div>

#61681  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:17 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I agree on all of that.</div>

#61684  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:30 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Is GitS based on the 2nd movie? It seems like they just start off things so quickly.</div>

#61687  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:06 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Well, I live in Canada and can't really watch any of them....but I didn't notice there was no Naruto....morons :-D</div>

#61696  by Eric
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:37 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>I'd be fucking shocked if I saw Naruto on Adult Swim. Most likely it'll be licensed by 4Kids, put on Fox Box and butchered beyond recognition like One Piece.</div>

#61697  by Ishamael
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:11 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I actually didn't know what Super Milk Chan was. I saw it on the Tivo schedule after the others and just added it. Finally got a chance to see it. Ummmm.....maybe if I were high. :)</div>

#61699  by Tessian
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:29 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>they best not...I'll be more pissed than when Scifi canceled Farscape</div>

#61702  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:17 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>At least you could download the episodes of Naruto.</div>

#61713  by Gentz
 Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:01 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Dude, there's no way you could possibly edit Naruto for a TV-PG rating. The violence is too realistic and graphic. You couldn't show people throwing real metal knives at each other on a Fox Box show, let alone having them sticking out of bleeding holes in their various extremities.</div>

#61717  by Tessian
 Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:21 pm
<div style='font: 11pt Dominion; text-align: left; '>yeah Gentz has a point. The language isn't nearly as violent/bad as the action. And you can't really edit that too well</div>

#61720  by Eric
 Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:34 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Heh, you like the dialog? It would be butchered, the weapons? Non-lethal. The soundtrack? Replaced and/or sound effects added for every idal moment when nobody's talking. Opening/Ending themes? Gone! Replaced with something stupid, god save if you ever here the new One Piece RAP dub opening.</div>

#61721  by Eric
 Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:19 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>This is all assuming 4Kids got it BTW, anybody else you'd be ok. :)</div>

#61727  by SineSwiper
 Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:22 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Not going to happen. Too much work, and too much hate mail from too many fans of the original. It would be on par to trying to give Ninja Scroll a PG-13 rating.</div>

#61741  by Eric
 Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:19 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Dude, 4Kids would do all of those things I said and then some. You haven't seen how they've butchered One Piece. It's that bad.</div>