The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Direct 109 Naruto download

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#61816  by Zeus
 Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:23 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Thank God next week is a two-episode special, they're about to start what looks like a kick-ass arc</div>

#61818  by SineSwiper
 Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:51 pm
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Lemme guess: there's going to be a cliffhanger in this episode (just like every episode).</div>

#61820  by Zeus
 Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:08 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>109? Nope, it's like the end of a chapter. The next eps will clearly start a new arc</div>

#61824  by Gentz
 Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:33 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Dude, the episodes are based on serialized manga chapters, they're not meant to be stand-alone stories. Of course they're going to end in cliffhangers - it's just like how the chapters of a novel end in cliffhangers.</div>

#61825  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:02 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I know. I was ripping on Zeus' comment earlier about an episode ending on such a cliffhanger. It's a repetitive statement.</div>

#61826  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:12 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>90% of the time they do. It's OK when you're playin' catch up, but man, it's annoying when you're waiting week to week</div>
 #61827  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:16 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Just the way Lee totally punished Garua, coupled with the cool koto music in the background and the fact that this is basically a character that is somewhat shoved to the side, made the open gates scene look awesome! (Then again, I'm one to root for the underdog; I think Gohan fighting Cell and Vegeta's self-destructive fight with Buu were my two favorite scenes in DBZ.) It's kinda mades the Garua vs. Sasuke kinda disappointing.</div>

#61828  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:19 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Then stop doing that. After I hit my limit, I plan on waiting a while before looking at the series again, especially if they are ending this 3-season long story arc. As it stands, though, this series can easily have the longevity that DBZ had. (What? Almost 300+ episodes?)</div>

#61829  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:20 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Can't.....too.....addicted....need.....drug</div>

#61830  by Eric
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:25 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>lol, narutofan.com for the manga man. It's at a really good place right now.</div>
 #61831  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:25 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>(It's "Gaara" BTW)

It's because of that fight that you have such huge Rock Lee fans. I mean, he was a decent supporting character up 'til then, but man, after that fight, you just want to see more and more of him 'cause of the severe ass he kicked. Don't worry, he's not completely gone after that. In fact, I'm still waiting on them to finish what they started with what happened after the fight. I'm dying to see it, but they just keep delaying it.

Yeah, the Gaara/Sasuke fight is pretty pussy, but wait 'til you see Naruto fight him. I freakin' love that fight, it's right up there with the Team 7/Zabuze/Haku and Gaara/Rock Lee fights, it's awesome. It's that fight that cemented Naruto as my favourite character (it's odd for the lead character in a series - or even good plot-driven movie - to be the best character; see Night Court, Cheers, etc). If you like the underdog, Naruto should become your fav too.</div>

#61832  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:26 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>"Read"? What's that? :-)</div>

#61833  by Eric
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:27 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>If you count GT. But then I like to make believe GT never happened. So that makes DBZ under 300. :) Naruto is a very young anime/manga. It's hard to believe it's been on for almost 2 years. Manga is either 4 or 5.</div>

#61834  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:27 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Besides, I put my games on hold for Naruto for a month, now it's time to catch up. Been playing Metroid 2, Halo 2, RE Zero, Donkey Konga, and Taiko Drum master since I was forced into small Naruto doses</div>

#61835  by Eric
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:28 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You're really gonna love the upcoming anime arc. lol.</div>

#61836  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:28 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>But the major difference between Naruto and DBZ is that the former is excellent, the latter the opposite of the former :-)</div>

#61837  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:29 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Oh, I know I am. We've all been waiting for it for about what, 40 episodes? Like the Rock Lee thing, its taking a helluva lot longer than expected to develop</div>

#61838  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:35 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Actually, no, I generally hate Naruto. He is so fucking annoying. Only recently have I started to like him because he's starting to drop the annoying bullshit, like Kenshin in his series.</div>

#61839  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:38 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>After seeing both, I'd have to admit the Naruto is better than DBZ, but only because Naruto has improved on the DBZ formula. (Sort of a melding between DBZ and Kenshin. Hell, it might be even better than Kenshin.) However, DBZ was still an awesome series in its day.</div>

#61840  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:40 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Trust me, wait 'til that fight. You'll see Naruto mature, particularly after the Chuunin third exam prelim. I'm telling you, he's a brilliant idiot. No one comes up with ways to win against seemingly unsurmountable odds (even against Jounins) like he does. Remember freeing Kakashi in Zabuze fight?</div>

#61841  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:41 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>For the first time in years, I'm catching up on my anime. Just grabbed GitS:SAC, Full Metal Alchemist, Excel Saga, among others.</div>

#61842  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:41 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I'd rather poke my eye out with a pencil than watch it, personally :-)</div>

#61844  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:44 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Saw the first ep of Full Metal, very cool. I just don't have the space for the 45 ep torrent, so it takes a whle off of Overnet</div>

#61845  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:45 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>I'm already past that. I've seen him fight Neji. I think one of his best moments was his reversal of roles with Sasuke in the Forest.</div>

#61846  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:47 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>BTW, I really think that the music in that scene really made the thing. I still have that koto riff in my head.</div>

#61847  by SineSwiper
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:49 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Two genius and mature characters right off the bat, sorta like Cowboy Bebop. I tend to prefer that to dumbasses with abilities, but I'll see how that goes.</div>

#61848  by Gentz
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:42 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Exactly. Naruto wouldn't have been possible without Dragonball.</div>

#61849  by Gentz
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:49 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Naruto gets stronger and more mature with every fight though.</div>

#61850  by Gentz
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:55 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>A rip on Zeus, eh? Well, then, by all means... : )</div>

#61851  by Gentz
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:56 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Heh heh. Yeah, I got to that point in the manga and then finally managed to drag myself away in order to wait for the anime.</div>

#61856  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:51 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>What ep you on now?</div>

#61857  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:53 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Try not to let you bias get in the way. Naruto truly becomes the best character in the show, particularly after the Chuunin exam. He's still annoying at times, but no one is like him. It's quite rare for the main character to be the best, but he is</div>

#61858  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:55 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>www.narutofan.com has all of the music</div>

#61859  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:55 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I just rewatched the Naruto/Gaara fight (helped me get my fix :-), man it ruled</div>

#61862  by SineSwiper
 Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:08 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Ep. 80. Basically completed the main story arc.</div>

#61863  by SineSwiper
 Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:10 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Actually, I'd prefer the music to GitS:SAC.</div>

#61872  by Zeus
 Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:16 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Now you'll see some more maturing of Naruto. He was a lot stronger and mature and brilliant in the Gaara fight that in the others and he only gets better</div>