The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Man, I miss 90's music (browsing iTunes tonight)...  I was a lot happier when alternative/punk/ska ruled the charts instead of hip-hop/rap/r&b.  As someone at work put it, "I'm just not about pimpin' the bitches and slappin' the hoes.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #62610  by Nev
 Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:05 am
<div style='font: 10pt ; text-align: left; '>I wonder if I'd have a different attitude if I'd been born in 1989 instead of 1979 and had all the present day stuff to listen to in high school. Probably.</div>

#62611  by SineSwiper
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Listen to old-skool rap. You know...back when if you didn't have a DJ stratching records to back you up, you weren't a fucking rap group. Nowadays, they get away with using these $100 Korg boxes that bleet out the most horrible synchs. They sound like a bunch of cats in heat wailing away.</div>

#62612  by Kupek
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Check out Streetlight Manifesto. Very good punk-ska.</div>
 #62613  by Julius Seeker
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The Canadian music charts are a bit different, back a few years ago they were almost 100% hip hop, but bow they're about 90% alternative/new wave style rock.

For the record, I was only born a few years after you, I love various bands from the early 60's to present (most of what I listen to right now is from the late 70's early 80's), but I can't stand punk or ska =P</div>

#62614  by Nev
<div style='font: 10pt ; text-align: left; '>The "new Tupac album"? Dear God, how does that possible? ... And I think at least a few dozen million people must be listening to the chart-toppers these days, or they wouldn't be selling...</div>
 #62615  by Julius Seeker
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>If you were into Punk/Ska and stuff like that, chances are you probably missed these ones. Just throw away any prejudices you had against any of these bands and download the songs. I don't know if you'll like them, but if so, it's something new to listen to. In my opinion, some of the very best music of the last 40 years:

1) Say Say Say - Paul Mccartney
2) Pale Shelter - Tears for Fears
3) How soon is now - TATU
4) Unglued - Stone Temple Pilots
5) The Crystal Ship - The doors
6) About a Girl - Nirvana
7) Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani
8) While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
9) Wishing - Flock of Seagulls
10) Stargazer - Tea Party
11) By the Rivers Dark - Leonard Cohen
12) Where the Wild Roses Grow - Kylie Minogue
13) Beat It - Michael Jackson
14) I'm Gonna run to you - Brian Adams
15) Dumb - Garbage</div>

#62616  by Eric
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Well Eminem produced the album. It's pretty good, although I think they could have gone without making Pac scream out G-Unit.</div>

#62659  by Nev
 Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:20 am
<div style='font: 10pt ; text-align: left; '>It's not mainstream i take it? where would i find their albums?</div>

#62662  by Kupek
 Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:16 am
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '><b>Link:</b> <a href="http://www.streetlightmanifesto.com/">h ... to.com/</a>

I've never seen them in stores. The easiest way is to order it directly from them. The album is "Everything Goes Numb."</div>