The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Ugh.  One of the two local rock stations unexpectedly changed format to latino music.  It's like 80s power ballads en espanol.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #62754  by Tortolia
 Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:15 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Ugh. One of the two local rock stations unexpectedly changed format to latino music. It's like 80s power ballads en espanol.</div>

#62756  by ManaMan
 Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:58 pm
<div style='font: 12pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Hey, your name sounds spanish. Aren't you down?</div>

#62760  by Tortolia
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:08 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I don't want to listen to Telemundo To Go while I'm on the road, damn it</div>
 #62763  by Nev
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:44 am
<div style='font: 10pt ; text-align: left; '>The power ballads are sappy to me too, but down here we have for instance KOST 93.5 (or is it 103.5?), with Love Songs on the KOaST every night, which has Richard Marx and all the rest of our English sappy ballads. And I don't know but I guess it's cultural, the romantic ballad thing moves them more. If it doesn't do it for me, I'm under no obligation to listen to it.

Unfortunately that limits me to 102.7 KISS-FM (top 40), 106.7 KROQ (alternative rock, but really heavy stuff like Rage Against the Machine for the most part), and Star 98.7 (80's music and artists like John Mayer/Sarah McLachlan, Duncan Sheik when he had that "Barely Breathing" hit, you get the idea) since I don't really listen to rap, pure hip-hop, R&B, classic rock or country. None of the above three regularly grabs me lately either.

Every once in a while I'll get something like Desert Rose by Sting/Cheb Mami, Galvanize by the Chemical Brothers, Float On by Modest Mouse that I really like, but for the most part I'm pretty blah about the radio down here...I keep hoping for a good 90's station to open up, but sadly this seems not to be. I envy any of you who have one.</div>

#62768  by Lox
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:28 am
<div style='font: bold 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Haha...i posted a message about this in DS before I checked M&M. Yeah, I was blown away. Now we have EL ZOL!!!!!!!!!!</div>

#62775  by Stephen
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:08 pm
<div style='font: 10pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Way ahead of you. :)</div>

#62778  by Gentz
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Do they play any Mars Volta?</div>

#62779  by Kupek
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:55 pm
<div style='font: 10pt verdana; text-align: left; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; '>Woah, someone else who's heard of them. I bought their album at the behest of a friend of mine. I got into a few of the songs, but not the whole album.</div>

#62780  by Tortolia
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:33 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>El Zol es muy malo.</div>

#62781  by Gentz
 Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:04 pm
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>They *totally* rule, though they have a tendency toward self-indulgent musical tangents. Also, I *totally* thought I posted that message as a reply to Tort, but oh well... : )</div>