The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Question for the Inuyasha fans.  Do they ever explain how Inuyasha's father died?  Saw that movie (3 Swords of Conquest) again and they really didn't explain it there either.  BTW, I think that movie has my new favorite Sesshomaru quote...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #62859  by Ishamael
 Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:53 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>"Of course, you know nothing. A hanyou born, knowing nothing. Living, knowing nothing. And now you will die, knowing nothing."

I need an opportunity to use this.</div>

#62860  by Eric
 Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:24 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Bah they stole that from Aladdin. "You were born a street rat, you'll die a street rat, and only your fleas will mourn you." lol.</div>
 #62861  by Eric
 Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:28 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>He died in that fire protecting Inuyasha & his mother, to a mere human, which is why Sesshomaru said Inuyasha and his mother gave him a pitiful death. Keep in mind he was also weakened because he had been fighting that demon Ryuukotsusei.</div>

#62864  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:06 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Nah, too much of a variation. I would say maybe influenced by that, but the Inuyasha quote sounds cooler.</div>

#62868  by Ishamael
 Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:19 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I'm with Sine on this one. Not even close. And I'm personally offended you'd compare a Sesshomaru quote to an Aladdin quote.</div>
 #62869  by Ishamael
 Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:28 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>When I saw the movie again(and again...), on the way to protecting Inuyasha's mom, his Dad tells Myoga warns him that he needed to rest from his battle with Ryuukotsusei, but Inuyasha's father says something like "It doesn't matter, I don't have much longer anyway." OK, at this point, this could mean that (a)Dad's wounds were so grave, he was going to die anyway or (b)He knew something else.

Later in the movie during the fight in the castle as it burned, we saw Dad take care of Takemaru (the dude who killed Inuyasha's mom) in like one sword stroke on a dead run. It was like Takemaru was an annoying fly. And notice right before they cut away from the fight on the castle, you see Dad use that special technique from Soongu. But then you see nothing. OK, so now we're to believe that this pathetic human ("insignificant man" in Sesshomaru's words) beat Innuyasha's dad, some sort of Demon lord, in a fight with one arm? And I know there was fire and all, but fire is supposed to kill this dude? Right.

Also, later in the movie Soongu says that Dad was a fool because he didn't use the power of the sword to help him...which goes counter to what we saw in the flashback seen in the fire. So it seems like there's a gap that they haven't filled in. Also, they never explain exactly when Dad told Myoga how to split the swords, they never say when his body gets put into the pearl, etc. Still a lot is left out there.</div>