The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone following Battlestar Galactica at all?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #83285  by Manshoon
 Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:38 pm
I'm enjoying the new show a lot, it's probably the best thing worth watching on SciFi at the moment. I like how it has a darker edge to it and how events aren't just confined to one episode. What I want to know is, what's the deal with the Cylon chick showing up on the ship with noboby else but that one guy noticing her? Does she have some advanced cloaking device, or is she projecting into his mind somehow and making him think she's there in person? Besides that, the show kicks ass.

#83306  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:16 pm
Aww man, I forgot that show was even on! I'd watch it if I weren't working or drunk all weekend. Damn.

#83312  by Manshoon
 Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:35 pm
Well they show a rerun on Monday night, so you can easily catch up if you missed an episode.
 #83320  by Ishamael
 Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:29 pm
Manshoon wrote:I'm enjoying the new show a lot, it's probably the best thing worth watching on SciFi at the moment. I like how it has a darker edge to it and how events aren't just confined to one episode. What I want to know is, what's the deal with the Cylon chick showing up on the ship with noboby else but that one guy noticing her? Does she have some advanced cloaking device, or is she projecting into his mind somehow and making him think she's there in person? Besides that, the show kicks ass.
Ugh, I KNEW there was something I was forgetting to download of Bittorrent. Yeah, I'd heard good things about the show early on and need to catch up.

#83327  by Manshoon
 Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm
Yeah the whole first season is available for download if you're impatient. Me, I'm willing to hold back and watch it when it's actually airing, so I can show my support for the series. Besides, right now I'm too busy trying to d/l the 2003 miniseries so I can understand how everything started.
 #83363  by SineSwiper
 Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 am
Yeah, I was about to ask the same question. The show kicks ass. I seriously doubt SciFi has anything to do with it, though. I love how they stick "SciFi Original" to everything that they have "exclusive" rights to. Hell, I downloaded a few of the beginning episodes, which were from a British TV station. And apparently all 13 episodes are already out. If this is a SciFi "original", why the fuck does this other station have all of the episodes? Fucking USA Networks!
Manshoon wrote:What I want to know is, what's the deal with the Cylon chick showing up on the ship with noboby else but that one guy noticing her? Does she have some advanced cloaking device, or is she projecting into his mind somehow and making him think she's there in person? Besides that, the show kicks ass.
Somewhat of a spoiler, but it's revealed at the first part of the first movie, anyway. It's inferred that she implanted a chip into his head before the conflict. See, she was his lover for two years. If you don't know these details, you should probably download the movie somewhere and watch it.
 #83375  by Manshoon
 Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:16 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Yeah, I was about to ask the same question. The show kicks ass. I seriously doubt SciFi has anything to do with it, though. I love how they stick "SciFi Original" to everything that they have "exclusive" rights to. Hell, I downloaded a few of the beginning episodes, which were from a British TV station. And apparently all 13 episodes are already out. If this is a SciFi "original", why the fuck does this other station have all of the episodes? Fucking USA Networks!
Actually there's a perfectly valid reason for that. Apparently SkyTV over in Britain agreed to help fund the show on the condition that they get dibs on the show before anyone else. Whether that's going to apply to the second season or not I have no idea, but I'm sure people over there are enjoying getting their hands on something before we do; 99% of the time it's the other way around.

#83382  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:23 pm
What time does it re-run on sci-fi on mondays? I work till 10 almost every monday night.

#83395  by Manshoon
 Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:35 pm
9-10 Monday night, so in your case I'd say go ahead and d/l it. :)