The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto was licensed.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #83568  by Eric
 Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:18 pm
Just FYI if you're looking for the 122 torrent.

#83570  by Gentz
 Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:36 pm
Whoa...that was unexpected. It's gonna take quite some time to get to episode 121 again. Luckily I recently decided I like reading the manga better.

#83574  by M'k'n'zy
 Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:43 pm
You know that many groups wont drop the project, though it does look like Datebayo has.

#83575  by Eric
 Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:47 pm
Indeed which sucks because they gave me my Wed. fix, AnimeOne takes a cool 3-7 days, and I'm not even sure they're gonna countinue to sub it.

#83591  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:40 am
M'k'n'zy wrote:You know that many groups wont drop the project, though it does look like Datebayo has.
They are fools. I understand the whole policy of trying to support the anime when it comes to the States, but we're talking about a horrible dub/translation team.

Wait, WTF?! They got picked up by Toonami?! Why didn't anybody announce this? That would be, oh I dunno, a major fucking announcement!

#83597  by M'k'n'zy
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:23 am
Actually at this point it looks like Datebayo is continuing their subs, as they have episode 122 out now ^_^

#83599  by Eric
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:06 am
SineSwiper wrote:
M'k'n'zy wrote:You know that many groups wont drop the project, though it does look like Datebayo has.
They are fools. I understand the whole policy of trying to support the anime when it comes to the States, but we're talking about a horrible dub/translation team.

Wait, WTF?! They got picked up by Toonami?! Why didn't anybody announce this? That would be, oh I dunno, a major fucking announcement!
Are you kidding me? The fansubs are probley 10x more accurate then the piss poor dubs/subs we get over here in their final form. The main complaint however is just people downloading the anime, and not watching/buying it. Fansubs are high quailty and easy to get nowadays, you don't need a betamax for DBZ subs anymore. :P

#83600  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:53 am
Eric wrote:Are you kidding me? The fansubs are probley 10x more accurate then the piss poor dubs/subs we get over here in their final form.
Oh, I wouldn't be so harsh on the recent dubs we get from Adult Swim. There are some good ones out there. If somebody like ZRO Limit/Animaze gets the translation rights, I'm sure we'll have no problems.

#83624  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:40 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH! It's gonna be forever before I see the end of this freakin' arc. I hope the Dattebayo subs are gonna be easy to get otherwise I'm screwed

#83626  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:45 pm
M'k'n'zy wrote:Actually at this point it looks like Datebayo is continuing their subs, as they have episode 122 out now ^_^
Link please....I'm going to go into shock if I don't get it tonight :-)

#83633  by Gentz
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:07 pm
Wow. Set to air some time between July and September of this year. Nice.

#83636  by Eric
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:42 pm
SineSwiper wrote:
Eric wrote:Are you kidding me? The fansubs are probley 10x more accurate then the piss poor dubs/subs we get over here in their final form.
Oh, I wouldn't be so harsh on the recent dubs we get from Adult Swim. There are some good ones out there. If somebody like ZRO Limit/Animaze gets the translation rights, I'm sure we'll have no problems.
Don't get it twisted, I'm not like some animenuts that completely disregard ALL subs/dubs, I just took offense to you downplaying the fansubbers. :P

#83653  by SineSwiper
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:37 pm
Eric wrote:Don't get it twisted, I'm not like some animenuts that completely disregard ALL subs/dubs, I just took offense to you downplaying the fansubbers. :P
I AM downplaying the fansubbers! They whine and bitch and whine and bitch about how only their translation is the best, and how dubbing sucks ten-thousand monkeys' asses... ...and then they drop the thing at the first sign of licensing. Fucking hypocrites! If you're so dedicated about fansubbing and getting the best translation out there, you wouldn't let some shit like licensing scare you.

#83656  by M'k'n'zy
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:01 pm
Most fansub groups drop their projects when the show gets licenced because at the point of licencing, it is no longer legal to distribute the fansubs.

#83659  by Zeus
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:40 pm
Yeah, many nerd other than ourselves actually have this whole morality thing going.

The worst part about it is, without these fansubbers, there would be literally zero market for Naruto here right now. Instead, you've got this huge group of people who already love it and will buy it all when it comes out and make sure that everyone they know will at least try the show (and likely 50% will like it) and make Toonami some good coin, and they're gonna see shit. And, if a group like Dattebayo dares to continue, they're gonna get sued. Now THAT's hypocritical on the part of the licensor, who would have shit if it wasn't for these fansubbers

#83662  by Eric
 Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:30 pm
The fansubbing community is acknowledged by the anime-industrty as a good thing because like Zeus said, they bring good publicity to the genre, but when they drop an investment into it, and the subbing is still going on, they'll start losing cash, and they have to stop the subbers.

The ONLY reason they drop is Sine is due to legal matters. Animejunkies always used to get alot of heat for that, and eventually got shut down. It has nothing to do with hypocacy. They hate dubs and they stand by it. lol.

Still subbing goes on, extremly popular animes will always get subbed. Inuyasha, Naruto, One Piece. But most of the time when that happens it's just one group subbing one anime. Other groups that sub alot of different stuff don't want to draw heat for one licensed anime.

#83668  by SineSwiper
 Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:27 am
M'k'n'zy wrote:Most fansub groups drop their projects when the show gets licenced because at the point of licencing, it is no longer legal to distribute the fansubs.
Uhhh...it's no longer legal in the first place.

#83670  by Eric
 Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:57 am
SineSwiper wrote:
M'k'n'zy wrote:Most fansub groups drop their projects when the show gets licenced because at the point of licencing, it is no longer legal to distribute the fansubs.
Uhhh...it's no longer legal in the first place.
The Japanese are alot more passive about then the US. And again it's good for the anime industry in the US, until the point of licensing.

#83677  by M'k'n'zy
 Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:59 pm
In fact I can think of several shows that would never have been licenced if not for the popularity of the fansubs. Azumanga Daioh comes to mind in a big way.