The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto 125

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #84279  by Zeus
 Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:42 pm
I really hate the useless episodes when I'm in the middle of an arc. They spent most of the episode recapping and very, very little happened. Man, I need to sleep for 4 weeks so I can get SOMEWHERE in this arc....

#84292  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:39 am
There was some recapping, but I consider an episode where they basically kill off two of the main enemies that they've been fighting for the past 5 episodes (and hunting for the past 30 episodes) to be pretty fucking major.

But yeah, I sorta know what you're saying: We all want to see the Gaara fight, but we'll have to wait. They just needed to take care of the other two fights, so that there's no interuptions this time. Honestly, I was really surprised how easily they dispatched those two enemies. I guess with Team Kohana weakening the enemy, it gave Team Sand a easy time to kill them.

Also, Gaara sorted acted the way I wanted him, too. He hasn't lost his edge, but he did mention that he was "repaying a debt to Kohana". (This was when it immediately switches to Naruto, so it makes me wonder if Gaara still feels the effects of what Naruto told him.)

#84297  by Eric
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:54 am
Heh, I think the Sand Ninja's established themselves quite nicely. They don't fuckin play.

#84300  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:29 am
I thought it was a good episode all told. But yeah, I do have to seriously wonder if Kankuro would have won as easily against Sakon/Ukon if Kiba hadnt already worn them out so much that they couldnt sustain level 2.

I think Temari would have had an easy time still even if Tayuya was fresh. As Tayuya said Temari is a more or less natural enemy for her. On the other hand, she did benifit from Shikimaru's experience in knowing what she was up against. If she didnt know that Tayuya used audio genjitsu, it might not have gone as well.

#84302  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:31 am
Despite being a long-distance fighter, Temari would have had a bitch of a time with the giant summons. I think that Shikimaru at least covered that much. Level 2, though, just proved to be too much chakra for him to handle.

#84304  by Gentz
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:37 am
Zeus you are such a crybaby! You come in here with your whining each time another episode is released! Just enjoy the show for what it is for god's sake!

#84306  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:03 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Despite being a long-distance fighter, Temari would have had a bitch of a time with the giant summons. I think that Shikimaru at least covered that much. Level 2, though, just proved to be too much chakra for him to handle.
I think she could have handled the summons pretty easily. Her new Dai Kamitachi no Jutsu covers a wide enough spread that she wouldnt need full accuracy (yes I am assuming she wouldnt just use the Kuchiosie Kiri Kiri Mai durring that part of the fight.) For sure it wouldn't have been easy, but even if she did completly miss it would probally disrupt Tayuya's commands to the summons, as they were also controled by the flute

#84308  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:23 pm
Gentz wrote:Zeus you are such a crybaby! You come in here with your whining each time another episode is released! Just enjoy the show for what it is for god's sake!
LMAO! It's more of the "I fucking hate having to wait a week for each new ep" thing than anything else. I got to see the entire Chuunin exam consecutively, but if I had to endure that week to week I probably woulda bitched about that too. They just need to get me 5 eps a week instead of one :-)

#84311  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:17 pm
Zeus wrote:
Gentz wrote:Zeus you are such a crybaby! You come in here with your whining each time another episode is released! Just enjoy the show for what it is for god's sake!
LMAO! It's more of the "I fucking hate having to wait a week for each new ep" thing than anything else. I got to see the entire Chuunin exam consecutively, but if I had to endure that week to week I probably woulda bitched about that too. They just need to get me 5 eps a week instead of one :-)
I wish they could but its just not possible. We are already almost completly caught up to the manga, which means it is almost FILLER TIME *sighs*

#84313  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:32 pm
Yeah, that's gonna suck. The last 5 eps they did filler were boring as hell....

#84314  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:50 pm
Yeah I know. They will probally go over the training Naruto does with Jiriya, and Sakura does with Tsunade. And then they will probally try to flesh out the "omake" story arc from the manga.

#84318  by SineSwiper
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:14 am
Wow...so does Sakura stop sucking at one point? She really needs to team up with an illusionist. That's a heavy chakra-based art there.

#84320  by Shellie
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:19 am
She probably goes into Healing

#84323  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:47 am
I dont want to say anything here because I dont know how to hide my text, but yes, Sakura's character does develop.

#84330  by Zeus
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:25 pm
Seraphina wrote:She probably goes into Healing
If you guys remember what happened during the last time they had filler eps...

Forgot the black text code, so stop reading now if you don't want to know what happened in eps 101-105......

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but I posted a new thread at being shocked at Sakura's super-human strength in that arc (ep 104 I think), which is a Tsunade trait. As well, if you follow the Team 7/Legendary Saanin connection, you have Sasuke with Orochimaru and Naruto with Jiraya, so it's not really hard to see who the next Saanin-in-training is and who she'll be training with.

I even have a very nice wallpaper that has each of the Team 7 members done up like their Saanin predecesors, so it's something the Narutards have been talking about for quite a long time

#84336  by SineSwiper
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:19 pm
Huh? Sakura in ep 104? I don't even remember her actually fighting in that episode. Hell, was there anything in that episode worth noting?

#84349  by Gentz
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:28 pm
LMAO! It's more of the "I fucking hate having to wait a week for each new ep" thing than anything else.
It's understandable. The stress of waiting is what led me to snap at you in the first place! :)

Sine: He's referring to the part where Sakura rips the mast out of the boat and smacks those Rain nin with it. That whole part of the series was just anime filler, though, so I wouldn't treat it as canon.

Sakura does do some improving soon. It's yet to be decided whether she's actually going to be useful though.

#84352  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:30 pm
Of course you have no room to talk, I have been going week to week sience about episode 15

#84354  by Zeus
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:49 pm
Man, you had to endure that shit during the Chuunin exam? That's even worse than this arc in terms of having to wait for eps. I was annoying having to wait one day for the next 10 ep set.....

#84359  by Eric
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:39 pm
I have you all beat and slaughtered. Been watching since episode 1, AND read the manga on a weekly basis, which during the end of this lil arc we're watching right now went on a 2 week hiatius at one point.

#84362  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:59 pm
Yeah. It was also frustrating when he kept us waiting a month to see what was going to happen after the extra story arc ^_^

I dont know how he could afford to take a break like that tho, with the anime so close to being caught up.

#84386  by Zeus
 Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:54 pm
It's called "a life" :-)

#84394  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:24 am
Yeah, well, if the "anime" gets "caught up", then it will "run out of material", and he'll have "no life" when he has to write as "fast as possible".

#84395  by Eric
 Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:05 am
Heartless fans are so unreasonable. Heh.

#84400  by SineSwiper
 Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:38 am
Hey, I'm just saying that the guy's (team?) has a licensed property with an ongoing anime that will get pissed off if they run into a problem with lack of material. If the situation doesn't get corrected soon, you may run into another Dragonball GT, where they decide to make shit up, instead of following the manga.

#84404  by Eric
 Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:01 am
Fillering today is a common practice though, most popular manga DO have the anime catch up, it's inevitable.

In DBGT's case there was no more manga, you just had an ongoing Anime series, which was downright horrible.