The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• BSG is great, but I get annoyed at the loose ends

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #84497  by SineSwiper
 Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:44 am
It seems like nothing ever gets solved. The scientist for one still has that Cylon chip on his shoulder, and is the constantly the victim of imaginary friend jokes. You got both of the asian Cylon clones, and now this terrorist politician angle, along with the XO's wife.

It reminds me of HBO writers, except at least these guys don't forget to bring up all of their plotlines. (HBO writers just seems to shove shit to the side and completely forget it if they have a story angle that seems to be going stale.)

#84685  by Manshoon
 Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:20 am
I just take it as a matter of course. It's the first season, of course there's going to be a lot more questions than there are answers. You might find this somewhat helpful, though: http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/ There's some clues in there on what's going to be looked at during the second season.

#84710  by Zeus
 Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:42 pm
I assume we're talking about Battlestar Galactica here....

#84791  by SineSwiper
 Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:25 am
Uhh yep.

#84916  by Blotus
 Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:49 am
I've still yet to see the new one. Some of the character changes I'm not so happy with.

#84923  by Manshoon
 Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:03 am
Damn was that ever one hell of a finale. The last couple of minutes came out of nowhere.

#84926  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:23 am
Good, I haven't seen either one yet. I plan on seeing both tonight.

#84934  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:59 am
Of course, we have even more questions at the finale, and enough loose ends to shake a stick at. When I first watched the two-part, I'll thinking "Okay, it looks like they are finally going to tie some shit together."

#85005  by Tortolia
 Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:52 pm
Finally got through all the episodes. Best sci-fi show I've seen since Farscape got axed, IMO.

That finale was awesome.

#85028  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:40 am
Tortolia wrote:Finally got through all the episodes. Best sci-fi show I've seen since Farscape got axed, IMO.

That finale was awesome.
For some reason, I considered the show to be a slightly different genre than Farscape. Like BSG or Star Trek would be Sci-Fi Drama, and Farscape to be Sci-Fi Action or Sci-Fi Comedy. Given that, it's the best sci-fi show since Babylon 5.

#85031  by Tortolia
 Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:04 am
Farscape was plenty dramatic. The odd smartass remark or wacky episode doesn't classify it as a comedy.

#85034  by SineSwiper
 Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:33 am
Tortolia wrote:Farscape was plenty dramatic. The odd smartass remark or wacky episode doesn't classify it as a comedy.
Probably not as a comedy, no, but it was less serious and less realistic than most sci-fi shows trying to be in the "drama" category.

The odd smartass remark? Shit, I thought most of the characters were smartasses 24/7.