The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto: The Movie IS OUT.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #86151  by Eric
 Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:38 pm
RUN! RUN AND GO GET IT!!! ;p It's subbed!

#86155  by SineSwiper
 Sun May 01, 2005 5:38 am
Around what episode is it branched off of? BTW, what are the different Specials? There was the one about the red four-leaf clover.

#86159  by Zeus
 Sun May 01, 2005 9:46 am
There are two "Jump Festa" specials, one in 2003 and one in 2004. The red four leaf clover is the first one and the second one involved the hidden village of waterfall or something like that. The first is tolerable, kind of a comedic offshoot. The second is more like a short arc that involved Team 7. It's a little better but feels more like filler. You can get them both from AonE's website

#86224  by Eric
 Tue May 03, 2005 1:17 am
I watched it tonight. Very good movie, I thought the ending was hilarious heh.

I'm not exactly sure when it takes place, but I'd imagine according to the anime's timeline when they come back from the racing mission.

#86230  by M'k'n'zy
 Tue May 03, 2005 3:04 am
I cant wait to see it. I want to watch it SO badly. Unfortunatly I haev to wait till my friend Adam can bring it over. DAMNIT I HATE BEING BACK ON DIALUP!!!!!!!!!!

Edit - finally saw it tonight. My opinion? Not bad at all. I felt like a lot of the stuff at the end was very rushed, espically how they wraped up the fights, but otherwise, a good movie. I cant wait for Naruto the Movie 2. A team of Naruto, Sakura, Shikimaru, and Garra? Gonna be cool ^_^

#86337  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 07, 2005 11:17 am
Actually, it looks like it was right after the 5th Honage. They had a quick scene of the 5th, Naturo, etc. at that bar, when Naruto was remembering stuff.

Anyway, pretty good. Sasuke seemed to handle himself well. Even Sakura had a technique or two. Can't wait for her to actually get trained more in the series.

#86344  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat May 07, 2005 1:04 pm
Yeah, Part 2 more or less answered everyones wishes as far as that goes so far with Sakura.

But yeah as far as timeline goes, it takes place after the 3rd story arc and before the 4th.

#86365  by SineSwiper
 Sun May 08, 2005 1:24 am
M'k'n'zy wrote:A team of Naruto, Sakura, Shikimaru, and Garra?
Uh, what? Wow, are you serious?

Edit: Holy shit!

#86367  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun May 08, 2005 1:37 am
Yeah. Of course the thing I am REALLY interested in seeing I saw in a trailer, where Naruto was using the Rasengan, and it was red.....

#86371  by SineSwiper
 Sun May 08, 2005 2:31 am
Fox Tails chakra, no doubt. Probably a better medium, since you can gather more energy from that one. You got a link for that one?

#86377  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun May 08, 2005 5:08 am
I wish I did, I think it was a little addendum at the end of one of the raw episodes I watched. I dont keep the raws once I have the subs. Sorry.

#86380  by SineSwiper
 Sun May 08, 2005 5:56 am
Weird. All of the raws should be directly translated without anything cut from it. I remember seeing the trailer to the first movie on one of the episodes (translated). BTW, you actually read Japanese, I take it?

#86404  by Zeus
 Sun May 08, 2005 12:20 pm
Finally watched the movie myself. Not bad, but nothing special IMO. Naruto works so much better as an episodic series as opposed to a movie. These little 4 ep adventures just feel like filler, as it did with the Aoi arc. This is better, for sure, but it's not up to par with the rest of the series. As much as I complain about how long it takes to get through the arc, they're so much better because of all the buildup and background story. Hell, they defeated Dotou in almost the same way Aoi was beaten (on a side note, I know there was some on the timeline and I think the timeline is just after the Tsunade arc since Sasuke is still with the group and not on the outskirts and Naruto knows the Rasengen).

Like the Jump Festas, not bad, but more of a diversion while you're waiting for the real eps :-)

#86411  by M'k'n'zy
 Sun May 08, 2005 1:48 pm
My thoughts exactly Zeus. I cant wait for the second movie though, the previews look incredible.

And Sine, I dont have a 100% knowledge of Japanese, but I know a decent ammount. That paired with my knowledge of the manga lets me watch the raw episodes without too much difficulty and still know pretty much everything that is going on.