The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• DB is starting to piss me off

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #86280  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 05, 2005 4:48 am
Ghey

I really want to know why they think that the solution to everything is banning. It's like if you sneeze the wrong way, they'll put up a new ban rule. I understand trying to make sure they're not hit with bandwidth, but for fuck's sake, they're hosting the only translation to the biggest fucking anime in Japan! It's not like they aren't going to get a ton of fucking bandwidth.

This nazi-like behavior is just getting childish now.

#86281  by Zeus
 Thu May 05, 2005 6:30 am
Well, AonE looks like they're back on track with their subs. They have 131 and 132 on their site, so you can always just wait an extra few days or so and get the good one

#86293  by Eric
 Thu May 05, 2005 2:16 pm
Errrr alot of groups don't like Azureus 2.3. I use Bit Tornado, never had any problems.

#86296  by Tortolia
 Thu May 05, 2005 5:33 pm
Bittornado is the win.

#86305  by Zeus
 Fri May 06, 2005 6:46 am
Sine, don't forget, at the end of the day, you need them, they don't need you. They can just sub it and never release it and you'd be fucked. So, if they want to be nazi's, fine. Deal with it unless you want to get your eps somewhere else. AonE is doing them, but not regularly like DB.

#86307  by SineSwiper
 Fri May 06, 2005 9:02 am
Yeah, yeah. Typical "Soup Nazi" situation.

#86316  by Don
 Fri May 06, 2005 10:48 am
I'd think with Bush signing the law that lets you get 3 years for releasing a single copy of prerelease material you could get whoever's fansubbing to comply pretty easily via blackmailing.

Then again, it'll probably be more likely to get them to not fansub anything at all.

#86319  by Nev
 Fri May 06, 2005 12:19 pm
Also, given that you're getting shit a lot of people worked on pretty hard for free, I wouldn't bitch too much.