The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 24. Wow!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #86302  by Ishamael
 Fri May 06, 2005 2:04 am
24 is simply incredible. I love Lost, but 24 is still king of all shows for me. It's unbelievable that they manage to make a show of this quality on regular tv.

BTW, is it just me or do the women on this show seem very annoying. :) Probably the chick I like the most is Chloe, even though she's intentionally written to be annoying.

#86303  by Zeus
 Fri May 06, 2005 6:43 am
The women are all secondary cast members in this one. They were getting in the way in the first two seasons (aside from Nina, of course) so they pared down their roles now.

Yeah, the show just keeps getting better year after year, I'm impressed. The only drawback is I don't know how long they can keep it up before it starts going down. Can't be that much longer, but I hope they prove me wrong. It's a lot like an HBO show, so maybe 6 seasons is max?

#86308  by SineSwiper
 Fri May 06, 2005 9:05 am
It's still in (haven't seen the show yet)

#86313  by Zeus
 Fri May 06, 2005 9:49 am
Oh, it's going to be in. It's one of Fox's highest rated shows now. Considering they almost cancelled it about 6 eps into the first season, they should be thankful they didn't.

I was talking more about the quality. I hope they take the HBO route and actually cancel the show before it gets stale (like Six Feet or Sopranos) rather than waiting for it to wither away (like Oz or basically any other network TV show). I'm just skeptical on how long they can keep pulling arcs out of their asses like this. The show is of a high enough quality that I don't want to see it wither

#86315  by Don
 Fri May 06, 2005 10:46 am
Is Jack Bauer still not believed/respected even though I'd assume he has 3 save-the-world under his belt, just like Megaman X?

#86320  by Zeus
 Fri May 06, 2005 12:33 pm
Oh no, he's well respected. It's his connections that have been saving him all season