The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• On the subject of bounds-pushing animated series...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #86459  by Nev
 Mon May 09, 2005 11:47 am
Did anyone watch the first season of Drawn Together?

I mean, yeah, Family Guy from what I've heard pushes the limits, but, also from what I've heard, Drawn Together takes the limits and rolls them up into a little ball of tissue paper which it then uses to wipe its own ass. (I suppose I've sort of given up on the idea of a family-friendly Shrine at this point.)

I don't even have rabbit ears right now so I've missed the whole lot of everything. But if you go to Comedy Central's website there are some HILARIOUS clips from the show - I particularly like the Sex Ed one.

"And that's how two people who love each other very much make a welfare check...I mean baby."

http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/drawntogether/

#86462  by Kupek
 Mon May 09, 2005 12:25 pm
Pushing the limits is easy. Pushing the limits and actually being funny as the same time is not easy.

I haven't seen the show either, but I thought it was worth pointing that out.

#86481  by Julius Seeker
 Mon May 09, 2005 1:26 pm
In reply to Kupek:

Perfect example is Fritz the Cat, pushed the limits way further than Family Guy, but was it really funny? Perhaps when I was 12 it was.

"Hey Mr. Spaceman, want some 'tang?"

Now putting something so blatantly sexual into Family Guy, that's funny =)

#86486  by Nev
 Mon May 09, 2005 3:23 pm
I thought that the clips from Drawn Together were funny, or I wouldn't have posted the link.

#86516  by SineSwiper
 Tue May 10, 2005 3:01 am
For the most part, I didn't like the show too much. They were trying to make fun of the reality genre, but it just ends up looking like a dumb reality series.

#86541  by Julius Seeker
 Tue May 10, 2005 10:43 am
I think Trailor Park Boys is the best spoof on reality TV, mainly because it began a few years before Survivor, but only was in movies until reality TV actually did become popular (now there is a series). I don't think it's played in the US unless it's on HBO.