The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Well, Star Trek Enterprise is over....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #86904  by Julius Seeker
 Sun May 15, 2005 8:15 pm
I haven't seen any shows from the series except for a few at the beginning which didn't get me interested. Anyways, apparently what they did was bring back the story of that cloaking device that Riker was involved with in a certain Next Generation Episode. Was it Pegasus? Either way, the final episode of Enterprise was more or less a Next Generation Episode.

I read the article on IGN:

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/613/613150p1.html

There are reviews here of the last episodes of Enterprise.

Anyways, as I said before, I only really enjoyed the original series and Voyager. I never could get into Deep Space 9 or about 90% of the Next Generation episodes that I had seen (the one which I think I remember liking the most was the one where Picard was trapped on a planet with this alien who he could not communicate with because of the nature of the aliens communication pattern, and they had to hunt some alien down).

Either way, Star Trek is really far from my mind right now, but I just thought I would post this article (I came across it when looking for more Star Wars stuff, funny enough =P)

#86930  by SineSwiper
 Mon May 16, 2005 1:01 am
I was watching last half of it, and it was like that huge shit you took in the toilet and watching it flush. Seriously, that's what it was.

I was looking at it and saying, "WTF is Riker in here? What happened to the vulcan chick's boobies? Why is Bakula captain? Why didn't that guy die?" It was confusing and any sort of action or plot was very weak.

I am soooo glad they are (hopefully) ending the Star Trek franchise. Rick Berman fucked it up more than Lucas could ever hope to do to any series.

(Although, Deep Space 9 was actually a good series if you got into it, especially in the later seasons. Voyager was more crap, not as bad as Enterprise, but bad enough. "A three hour tour, a three hour tour..."

#86931  by SineSwiper
 Mon May 16, 2005 1:03 am
The result was three years of a series that managed to insult and alienate all but the most hard core of fans, losing somewhere around ten million viewers per week in the process.

Wow. I mean, wow! You REALLY have to fuck something up to be losing that many of a well-established fan base.