The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto Dub Info

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #87433  by Eric
 Sat May 21, 2005 3:12 am
From www.Narutofan.com

Naruto Anime Dub, Cuts and Edits
Reported by: Tazmo on Friday, May 20th, 2005 at 09:14PM
The Naruto anime series that is set to air this September on Cartoon Network's Toonami block will supposedly see its first DVD home video release in December of this year, possibly before Christmas. Of course everyone knows that there will be edits made to the series which potentially would not have been made had the series aired at a later time on Adult Swim, which was decided to boost ratings among all ages, but Naruto fans should be happy to note that DVD releases will be uncut. You should also be happy to know that we are hearing technique names will stay true to the original Japanese series such as Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and of course the names of characters will remain unchanged.

What will be editted? Any blood that flows out of characters and could be viewed as a graphic scene, Any battle scenes which could be viewed as graphic such as the battle on the bridge with Haku & Zabuza where Uchiha Sasuke has needles through his throat, Any ulta-graphic death scenes such as the exploding Zaku Abumi, Any "bad word". What won't be editted? Blood that does not flow out of characters in a graphic way, Naruto stabbing his hand in an early episode, The Sexy no Jutsu. It's worth it to note this is all preliminary information which could change at any time, infact it could be not true at all, but it doesn't seem like the series will stray too far away from the point we enjoy it at now.

#87552  by Zeus
 Mon May 23, 2005 11:25 pm
Good thing I have all my AonE ones....

#87563  by SineSwiper
 Tue May 24, 2005 5:03 am
This is mostly speculation, and obvious information.

#87582  by Zeus
 Tue May 24, 2005 10:07 am
But we all knew it was coming. This is why I've kept all my good-quality subs. Last thing I want is a half-assed version of what I already can get. I understand why they do the releases they way they do for TV, but at least give me the option of the normal DVD release. Even if they do a limited, through-specialty-stores-only type of release for the real DVDs, I would be happy. But that won't happen, so I'll have to make my own DVDs

#87600  by Eric
 Tue May 24, 2005 3:45 pm
Errrrr, did you read it? "but Naruto fans should be happy to note that DVD releases will be uncut. You should also be happy to know that we are hearing technique names will stay true to the original Japanese series such as Kage Bunshin no Jutsu and of course the names of characters will remain unchanged."

#87636  by Zeus
 Wed May 25, 2005 10:33 am
Hey, don't make fun of me, I'm still learning to read, dammit

#87693  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 am
Honestly, I was surprised that hardly anything was cut out of Samurai Champloo, at least anything I would notice. BTW, it seems like the dubbing on that one is improving with the episodes. Probably a matter of the voice actors getting comfortable with their characters.