The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Now that would rule.....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#87644  by Kupek
 Wed May 25, 2005 12:44 pm
Have you ever read the Dark Horse series <a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 07846>Dark Empire</a>? It's pretty good, although in one aspect its unoriginal. There's a sequel series, but it's kinda silly. Dark Empire came out around the same time as the Zahn novels, and just as I think the Zahn novels are the best of the books, I think it's the best of the comics.

#87647  by Zeus
 Wed May 25, 2005 2:03 pm
No, no I didn't. A friend of mine downloaded that 5 GB Star Wars comics torrent, I'll have to see if it's on that. If not, I'll just grab it from ZCultFm. Sounds interesting, although Luke going to the dark side sounds like it could be a little lame if they're not careful.

#87650  by the Gray
 Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 pm
Zahn's books should indeed be Canon. They are simply superior to George's own writing in every way.

Grand Admiral Thrawn was an evil bastard you could like.

I must say, I am far more interested in what happened before PM than doing tales of what happend after RotJ. There are 100+ books out there detailing that already.

So, Lucas has my support if he goes in that direction.

#87694  by SineSwiper
 Thu May 26, 2005 6:07 am
Told ya. Lucas can't keep away from his crack. Smoke that shit! You know you're just going to be fiening for more.