The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I think VGcats summed it up pretty well...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#88013  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:01 am
Both sum up the problems rather nicely.

#88024  by Agent 57
 Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:42 am
Maddox wrote:"I'm able to detect subtle emotional changes in someone's personality like fear, but I was somehow able to detect a conspiracy involving 200,000 STORM TROOPERS AND EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING REPUBLIC."
Agent 57 wrote:It's "obvious"...that a series of films in which a race of beings who can supposedly sense everything from someone's mere presence in a moon-sized space station to most emotions that people are feeling, could not have detected the strength of the Dark Side in their government's Supreme Chancellor...have a "better plot"??
Maddox wrote:"Hello, I'm Senator Palpatine. I'm a Sith Lord. My race is known for lying and deception. Could I interest you in a dubious solution to all your problems?"

"Sure! Even though I have no reason to believe you, I'm compelled to deny a lifetime of hard work, training, and benevolence in exchange for a vague promise about a cure for a potential ailment my wife may have based on a premonition from a 20 second dream sequence."
Agent 57 wrote:That, to me, seems much more plausible than having Anakin being trained by the Jedi since he was 9 years old and suddenly changing his entire outlook towards them in a matter of weeks, or days, or however long it took.

*ahem*

#88026  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:21 am
Heh, I know I said I would say nothing more on the movies, but I didn't antisipate Maddox writing something so funny =)

Anyways, I agree with him, the third movie isn't any better than the first two in my opinion. My favourite scenes of the series are probably these:

1) Dath Maul vs. Obi Wan and Quai-gon
2) The Emperor caught and the battle that happened afterwards
3) Count Dooku vs Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-wan (episode 2)

And overall I still think without a shadow of a doubt that the new series is much better overall than the old one. Quite especially just after re-watching the entire old series back to back against Episodes 1, 2, and 3; I do not think that any of the three come close.

#88091  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:57 am
Quoting yourself, A57?

#88110  by Agent 57
 Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am
SineSwiper wrote:Quoting yourself, A57?
Yeah...I was simply pointing out that what Maddox wrote, which "summed it up pretty well," was essentially the same as what I had been saying.

Hence the "ahem".

#88133  by Eric
 Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:10 pm
Agent said something?! OMG WHEN? ;p