The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Anyone else heard Big & Rich or Cowboy Troy?

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #88374  by Nev
 Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:50 pm
I got a few singles off Napster and despite my usual anti-country leanings, I really think they're pretty damn good - "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" by Big & Rich and "I Play Chicken with the Train" by Cowboy Troy.

I can't believe there's actually a budding musical genre called "hick-hop"!

#88375  by Flip
 Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:12 pm
Country is in my music routine, Big & Rich will be a one hit wonder, the song gets really annoying.
 #88378  by Lox
 Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:23 pm
Mental wrote:I got a few singles off Napster and despite my usual anti-country leanings, I really think they're pretty damn good - "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)" by Big & Rich and "I Play Chicken with the Train" by Cowboy Troy.

I can't believe there's actually a budding musical genre called "hick-hop"!
I saw them as an opening band last year. Not too bad though, as performers, they personally get on my nerves. :)

#88379  by Nev
 Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:25 pm
I dunno if I'd agree with that assessment. I'm listening to "Holy Water" right now and it isn't too bad either.

Lox: Which, Big & Rich?

#88383  by EsquE
 Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:10 am
I can usually only stomach country music if I'm at a bar. That Save a Horse song is great for getting the gals going...

#88395  by Nev
 Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:43 am
Listening to more Cowboy Troy, I really like him...

#88397  by Lox
 Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:41 am
Mental wrote:I dunno if I'd agree with that assessment. I'm listening to "Holy Water" right now and it isn't too bad either.

Lox: Which, Big & Rich?
Big & Rich