The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Cinderella Man, maybe the best movie this year

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #88419  by Julius Seeker
 Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm
With this movie and Crash, there are two nominees for best picture right there. I don't know if it is the fact that the theme is about combat or what, but I would put my money towards Cinderella Man. They are two different types of movies though.

WOW, amazing flick. Recommended for anyone. Also a great movie to bring a girl to.

#88420  by Eric
 Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:54 pm
Yeah nice movie. ;p

#88424  by Flip
 Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:56 am
i hear it is good, but it bombed its first week. Something like it cost 80 million and pulled in 16? Too lazy to look it up.

#88451  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:55 am
This is the movies first week, it was just released to theatres on Friday June 3rd; it scored about 18.7 million for its opening weekend. Cinderella Man is like American Beauty, amazing movie, but not as much marketting potential as others. Crash has only had 40 million in sales total domestically; I felt that was an outstanding film.

One thing I noticed though, the theatre was maybe about 2/3rds full or so, and mostly everyone seemed to be older, like 30 and older, the youngest people there were mid-twenties, so I think this can be safely labeled as a movie targetted for an older audience. Or maybe that it is just the older people that caught on first (all the younger people are watching Madagascar, Starwars, and Longest Yard).