The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Figured out what happened at the end of Rah-Xephon..SpoilerS

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #89852  by Imakeholesinu
 Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:28 pm
It took me two sittings over two years to figure out what the fuck happened in this anime, but Mishima Reika is actually Mishima Haruka's form, or Shitow Haruka. Some how Iksuki-kun (SP?) is Kamina's younger brother and that is why you see him and Haruka at the end. Quon is Maya's sister, but I don't know how that works out because Maya is way older than Quon and Maya has been inside Tokyo Jupiter and Maya was with Haruka's uncle the entire time.

Loose ends, well why did Sayoko kill Iksuki? No fucking clue, they left that ambiguois as all hell, like that she was some part of a foundation project that didn't get reveiled. And what was up with the vermillion series? Complete rip off of evangelion I smell.

Crazy shit!

#90161  by Garford
 Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:26 pm
Guess you haven't watch the movie as the movie change some of the plot elements around, which explain the plot better.

Stuff typed here are recalled off hand, some might be wrong.

Maya and Quon were sent by the Mu to start the Xephon. They were found by Shirou Kamina.

Quon is then place in stasis as she is starting to awaken her abilities as an instrumentalist to the Xephon. Maya's Mu blood however awaken too early and as a result she is not suitable to become the second instrumentalist.

Itsuki and Ayato are twins made from Shirou and Quon's genetic information in part of a project to create the second instrumentalist for the Xephon. Itsuki was kept by the Bahbem Fundation while Ayato was left to Shirou and Maya to take care of as it is unsure which of them would awaken to be the proper instrumentalist.

Then the Tokyo Jupiter incident happy blah blah blah, and mess up the timeline.

At the end with the painting etc, that's Ayato grown up, not Itsuki.

I can't really remember the ending part at the church, maybe you could refresh my mind about it? The only thing I remember is Helen being shot.

#90200  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:49 am
First the white snake shows up and kills the old man. Then he's shot by the woman who killed the guy that was taking pictures of the foundations latest excavation in south america, who then promptly dies too. Itsuki confronts Helen then Sayako kills Itsuki, something about mind control or something Helen says to her, Itsuki dies, Sayako kills herself. Then the journalist (his name escapes me at the moment) discovers all of this and starts talking to Helen who basically orchastrated all of the events that have now taken place. He kills her, then the world is tuned and the correct timeline is restored.

#90280  by M'k'n'zy
 Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:18 pm
I would recomend reading the manga, they go much more in depth on the Maya/Quon bit. Its only 3 volumes but it answered a lot of my questions.

#90335  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:17 am
I may, but when is the movie coming out?

#90339  by Garford
 Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:03 am
IIRC, the manga is an alternate retelling of the story, can't really link it directly to the anime I guess.

As for the movie, it's out in Japan in 2003.

#90346  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:32 pm
Like, but when will it be over here (retail)?

#90402  by M'k'n'zy
 Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:57 pm
Been out for a few months man.

#90454  by Imakeholesinu
 Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:38 am
WTF? I went to Best Buy yesterday and NOTHING was there!?!?!?! *sigh*