The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Stargate.Atlantis.S02E01.WS.DSR.XviD-LOKi

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #90173  by Eric
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:42 am
We were in Blackwing Lair and a bunch of my guildmates started bailing to go watch the season premiere of this, I assume some of you guys must be fans as well in here, can I get the 411(info! OMG) on this show?

#90174  by Nev
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:45 am
Eric, why the hell are you posting what I can only assume is an EMule/EDonkey/BitTorrent filename for people to go pirate?

#90175  by Eric
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:10 am
If you must know, I went to download it to see what it was all about, and just copied the file name to post in the topic here.

Now back to the question at hand please?

#90177  by Tortolia
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:03 pm
Atlantis is a spin-off of Stargate SG-1. I know some people who vouch for it, but I never really got into it.

Then again, my Stargate tolerance as a whole is pretty low.

Last night's was part 3 of a three-parter, so if you're going to bother to check it out, you should probably get the last two episodes of season 1 first.

#90179  by Nev
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:49 pm
Just don't kid yourself that it's a "victimless crime"...

Like I keep saying, piracy generally hurts any intellectual-property based field in which it occurs. I don't know what is wrong with my stupid generation...

Lest I make myself a pariah, however, I suppose I'll shut my unpopular-truth-telling-mouth.

#90180  by Tortolia
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:01 pm
OH NOES I AM DOWNLOADING LAST NIGHT'S BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

...which I watched twice yesterday, complete with ads!

#90182  by Nev
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:14 pm
I suppose I ought to save my invective for stuff that hasn't been aired on pubic broadcast channels, come to think of it.

#90187  by Eric
 Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:45 pm
Mental wrote:Just don't kid yourself that it's a "victimless crime"...

Like I keep saying, piracy generally hurts any intellectual-property based field in which it occurs. I don't know what is wrong with my stupid generation...

Lest I make myself a pariah, however, I suppose I'll shut my unpopular-truth-telling-mouth.
*Cheers*

#90225  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:45 pm
Mental wrote:Just don't kid yourself that it's a "victimless crime"...

How come whenever there's any inkling of the "threat of piracy" in a thread, you jump on it like a flag to carry and proceed to rant on about the evils of piracy?

Seriously, let's just stay at the topic at hand.
Tortolia wrote:OH NOES I AM DOWNLOADING LAST NIGHT'S BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
There's just something about the new misspelling of common words that makes me laugh. "Oh Noes" and "teh" seem to be my favorite ones. Was playing somebody with a nick of TehEbola that made me chuckle.

#90239  by Tortolia
 Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:50 pm
SineSwiper wrote: There's just something about the new misspelling of common words that makes me laugh. "Oh Noes" and "teh" seem to be my favorite ones. Was playing somebody with a nick of TehEbola that made me chuckle.
You have no idea how tempted I've been to get the Virginia state OH NOES license plate.

#90244  by SineSwiper
 Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:22 pm
Tortolia wrote:You have no idea how tempted I've been to get the Virginia state OH NOES license plate.
Damn, that's a great idea.