The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• HP & tH-BP

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #90283  by Agent 57
 Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:00 pm
Yeah, it's not music or a movie, but where the heck else am I gonna put this?

Anyway, I finished reading my copy of Half-Blood Prince at 5:45 PM on Saturday (my gf and I went to a midnight release for the heck of it and then spent the majority of Saturday reading). If anyone feels like discussing it, this is the thread.

I liked it, by the way. Reviews and spending a while away from it have pointed out its numerous objective flaws, but I sure enjoyed my time while the book was open in front of me.

#90287  by Nev
 Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:29 pm
I got to get it still. When I get a break in working I'll pick it up.

#90893  by Nev
 Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:11 pm
Holy shit.

Spoilers below, in white...my apologies if it's visible to anyone.

I just finished the part where Dumbledore gets nailed by the Killing Curse. That's not good at all. I was rather looking up to him, even if he is just a character in a book. I haven't finished it yet, and I should if we're going to talk about it, but man oh man...

#90894  by Shellie
 Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:27 pm
Someone at work let me borrow the Sorcerers Stone. I usually just buy a book if Im gonna read it, but Im not sure if I will get into the HP series. If so, I'll just buy them.

Its pretty good so far though. Easy reading, but still descriptive enough that you get immersed.

#90895  by Nev
 Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Well, I won't spoil anything for you. It gets better and better as it goes.

Agent 57: I just finished the book. That's pretty depressing. One of the best characters in modern literature, and he's gone...

#90898  by M'k'n'zy
 Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:10 pm
I thought the book was really good. Feel free to message me on IM if you wanna talk about it.