The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Six Feet Under, Season 5, Episode 9 (spoilers)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #91014  by Zeus
 Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:06 am
Ok, what the fuck was with Nate dying? I know they started off Season 3 with fake death, but this one is for real. And considering there's only 4 eps left (I assume there's 13 eps even though there was only 12 last year), I wonder what the hell they're going to do now. All the other storylines are basically in cruise control now (well, maybe not Ruth), so now it's just tying eveything up. Since Nate's been the central characters since the first ep, it's going to be weird.

Great season so far. 2 was stilll the best, but 4 and 5 have really been good and made up for the boredom that was 3. I have faith Ball will end it well

#91076  by SineSwiper
 Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:38 pm
Well, Lester died in American Beauty. In some ways, Six Feet Under is just a series-based version of American Beauty. There are definately some parallels.

#91085  by Torgo
 Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:05 pm
I guess Nate finally found a way to end all the shit that's been building up between him and Brenda since the wedding.

#91159  by SineSwiper
 Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:57 am
It's not like he planned it.

#91182  by Zeus
 Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:07 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Well, Lester died in American Beauty. In some ways, Six Feet Under is just a series-based version of American Beauty. There are definately some parallels.
Yeah, it's more an extension of the type of character-based drama that Ball does. I think the episode series' are a better vehicle for his type of filmmaking and storytelling. To me, Six Feet has the best ensemble cast I've ever seen.

#91303  by Torgo
 Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:36 pm
SineSwiper wrote:It's not like he planned it.
Of course not. That's just what came to mind immediately when he died.
Zeus wrote:To me, Six Feet has the best ensemble cast I've ever seen.
Agreed, especially after watching Episode 10. I hate to see it end.

#91308  by SineSwiper
 Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:32 pm
Of course, in the spirit of SFU, the damn characters can never be happy, so they have to all of this fighting going on, when there was a sense of closure. Sometimes I think Alan Ball is this sick devil, where his characters are all victims of Dante's Inferno.

Which is why I stop watching the series...