The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• For those of you who inexplicably like Buffy....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#94174  by Kupek
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:08 pm
Already got 'em all.

#94187  by Eric
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:49 pm
#1 - lracors [ Nov 14 2005, 10:23 am PDT ]
Figures... now that I already have all 7 seasons.

#2 - evergreen5 [ Nov 14 2005, 11:04 am PDT ]
This is what drives me crazy. You spend time and money to buy the individual seasons. Then they decide to release them all in a nice package! It's just greedy!

#3 - amateurscientist [ Nov 14 2005, 3:47 pm PDT ]
this sounds great to me... I had to sell my seasons one thru six for extra cash, didn't get seven, so this is my chance to get 'em all back in one shot... and for just two hundred bucks? you kidding me? (I just hope the commentary tracks are still there.

I think the comments below pretty much describe my feelings, even though I lost them all to Katrina.

#94188  by Flip
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:13 pm
Eric wrote:#1 - lracors [ Nov 14 2005, 10:23 am PDT ]

This is what drives me crazy. You spend time and money to buy the individual seasons. Then they decide to release them all in a nice package! It's just greedy!

this sounds great to me... I had to sell my seasons one thru six for extra cash, didn't get seven, so this is my chance to get 'em all back in one shot... and for just two hundred bucks? you kidding me? (I just hope the commentary tracks are still there.

I think the comments below pretty much describe my feelings, even though I lost them all to Katrina.
That sucks hard. I hope that since your mom was in politics there, and knew the danger, that you had hurricane insurance.

#94189  by Kupek
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:25 pm
I don't feel any bitterness about buying all seasons individually. I was able to do it in much smaller sums over the course of a year, and during that time, I've had episodes to watch.

#94191  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:52 pm
Kupek wrote:I don't feel any bitterness about buying all seasons individually. I was able to do it in much smaller sums over the course of a year, and during that time, I've had episodes to watch.
True, but the bullshit capitalistic nature of these businesses is to purposely hold back a good release and release a "basic" set to get the money now then release the good stuff afterwards with even more good shit to milk the hardcores even more. This is the new strategy (if you don't believe me, go read Robert Rodriguez actually telling fans not to buy the Sin City barebones DVD since he was going to release a real version later) and I hate it. I've starting waiting around before buying movies to see if the editions are good enough and then they go ahead and release extended versions of some great movies afterwards (like Saw). It's the version I'd rather have, but I ain't paying for it again, I should have gotten it, or at least the option to get that edition, in the first place.

I know why they do it, I just don't like it.

#94192  by Eric
 Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:31 pm
Flip wrote:
Eric wrote:#1 - lracors [ Nov 14 2005, 10:23 am PDT ]

That sucks hard. I hope that since your mom was in politics there, and knew the danger, that you had hurricane insurance.
We were insured on all fronts EXCEPT posessions, my father estimates he probley lost about $50,000 worth of possessions we won't be getting back. Which includes all my crap.

#94209  by Zeus
 Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:13 am
Now THAT's shitty.....

#94216  by Nev
 Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:49 pm
Better than many possible alternatives.

Not that I want to be unsympathetic to Eric, or uncompassionate to those who lost possessions in Katrina, but I can think of a number of things (most not as easily tangible) worth more to me than nearly all of my worldly possessions. Seasons of Buffy are more highly replaceable than a great many other things.