The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Superman Returns Teaser

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#94293  by Zeus
 Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:36 pm
Yeah, looked like a glorified episode of Smallville to me......

We'll see, I have faith in Singer, he's done relatively well in the past. Still on the fence as to whether or not I want to pay for it.

#94295  by Kupek
 Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:23 pm
I'm underwhelmed as well, but Singer knows how to make good movies. The trailer for the first X-Men made it look silly, and that impression was discarded 30 seconds into the concentration camp scene.

#94297  by Lox
 Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:45 pm
True. I don't remember the first X-Men trailer so I'll take your word for it.

I have a lot of faith in Singer, as well, which is why I'm still excited about the movie. The trailer just didn't help to increase that excitment at all.

I'll just wait and see what the next one does.

#94302  by Kupek
 Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:23 pm
My main difficulty is that I'm not as interested in a Superman origin movie as I am in, say, a Batman origin movie. I think that the most interesting theme to explore with Superman is his burden of responsiblity. He didn't ask for these powers, but he feels responsible for the safety of others because of them. His burden isolates him from others and he continually grapples with handling it. An origin story probably won't hit these themes.

#94303  by Lox
 Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:51 pm
This isn't going to be an origin story so it might actually deal with some of that stuff.

#94347  by Ishamael
 Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:35 am
I thought it was a pretty cool teaser, mostly though due to John Williams' score and Brando's narration. Who can't get at least a *little* excited by that?

As far as the visuals, yes they were just "eh". But I hardly ever get excited by teasers anyway. The only recent ones that really got to me were probably Lord of the Rings (all of them) and Star Wars episdoes 1 and 3.

Like you guys, I think the movie is in good hands with Singer.