The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Kong

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #94763  by Agent 57
 Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:35 am
Excellent, excellent movie. Definitely worth the price of admission to see it on the big screen.

#94769  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Dec 15, 2005 1:49 pm
Peter Jackson can do no wrong...... AFTER 1999 =P

#94815  by Blotus
 Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:53 pm
Dead Alive, foo'!

#95056  by Ishamael
 Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:43 am
Judging by the massive critical acclaim, I guess I'm in the minority. I thought it was slightly better than average, but not great. I won't be in a rush to see it again.

#95200  by Blotus
 Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:54 pm
Anything after Ann and Kong's initial five minutes alone together is almost unbearable. I understood their connection when it was first apparent; didn't need to keep being reminded (yes, yes, "beautiful". I understood that's what he meant when he first started tapping his chest FIVE MINUTES AGO! Now just fall off the fucking building).

Also, too many loooong shots of characters looking at each other (Ann, Jack, Kong) either in the same frame or not, in the latter half of the film.

Kong as comic relief and throwing tantrums didn't play well with me either.

Otherwise excellent, especially the action. And Jack Black has redeemed himself in my eyes from the horror that was Shallow Hal.

#95214  by Tortolia
 Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:20 am
Entertaining movie, just a touch too long.