The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Inside Man...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #97096  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:43 pm
What a clever, well thoughout caper. This is an excellent film with excellent preformances from all the lead rolls. I never knew Jodie Foster could be such a fucking bitch. Denzel's versitility in his roles still suprises me. Clive Owen, cool, collected, this was the role for him. You guys need to see this film.

#97097  by Flip
 Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:47 pm
I heard good things on the radio this morning about that Lucky Number Slevin movie, too. Sounds like a good weekend for guy flicks.

#97100  by Imakeholesinu
 Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:56 pm
I'm going to see that tonight.

#97108  by Kupek
 Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:53 pm
Inside Man is excellent. It's a good thriller that also has some Spike Lee touches, particualry in racial undertones and some of the camera work. It's good to see Jodie Foster in something that's not suspense (last I saw her was in Panic Room, and she just did the airplane movie). She's an excellent actress but hasn't done too much recenlty. Denzel Washington is always enjoyable to watch. He's never turned in a bad performance. Clive Owen is the master of deadpan and stoic deliveries. He's done it in every movie I've seen him in, but man is he good at it.

#97111  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 am
Do not watch Flightplan, Foster's airplane film, it's a completely derivative nothing film. Foster's a great actress, but this one was just a waste of time. Not horrible, but no reason to really see it

#97118  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:42 am
I'm still waiting for Thank You for Smoking (and Silent Hill). But, hey, good excuse to go to the movies today...

#97135  by Zeus
 Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:24 pm
SineSwiper wrote:I'm still waiting for Thank You for Smoking (and Silent Hill). But, hey, good excuse to go to the movies today...
Thank You hasn't played in this town yet. I'd be all over that like Seek on Miyamoto if it ever comes out here :thumbup:

#97150  by Torgo
 Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:46 am
Lucky Number Slevin was pretty good. It's a crime movie with just the right amount of humor mixed in. Great performances all around, too.

#97183  by Ishamael
 Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:34 am
Finally got around to seeing "Inside Man". As others have said, this is a very good movie - one of those plan within the plan within the plan (or is it?) thrillers. Definitely one of the best Spike Lee films made in a long time.

One line that I'm looking for the right opportunity to use: "You are a magnificent cunt".

#97198  by Kupek
 Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:51 pm
Ishamael wrote:One line that I'm looking for the right opportunity to use: "You are a magnificent cunt".
I think I was the only person in the theatre who laughed at that. Loudly.

Speaking of cunts, say what you will about Blade: Trinity, but it has the line "cock-juggling thunder cunt."

#97206  by Ishamael
 Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:27 pm
Kupek wrote: I think I was the only person in the theatre who laughed at that. Loudly.

Speaking of cunts, say what you will about Blade: Trinity, but it has the line "cock-juggling thunder cunt."
When you laughed and noticed you were the only one laughing, did you suddenly notice how loud you were and quickly trail off your laughter with a nervous chuckle?

Hmm, maybe that just happened to me. ;)

#97224  by Zeus
 Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:46 pm
Looks like Thank You For Smoking is being picked up nationally this weekend (April 14). Can't miss out on that one....