The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I dont know if I should be scared or impressed

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#97507  by Ishamael
 Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:38 pm
That pretty damn good for a couple of nerds in a wharehouse. Great coreography.

#97512  by Shellie
 Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:52 pm
Color me impressed

#97514  by M'k'n'zy
 Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:44 pm
See, I want to be impressed, but at the same time, I am scared of the fact that they have that much free time on their hands to do that.

#97515  by Shellie
 Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:11 pm
They're young....probably all into A/V stuff. Hell, maybe it was a class project or something?

#97527  by Kupek
 Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:57 am
I saw it a while ago. It's fun to watch. As for the "they have too much free time" thing, every filmmaker I've read about did that sort of thing as a teenager. You probably would have said the same thing about the stuff Sam Raimi made, but now he gets to direct Spiderman.

#97536  by Agent 57
 Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:23 pm
Effects: most impressive;

Choreography: most impressive;

Stage combat/acting: most UN-impressive.

The whole time I was watching that, all I could think was "wow, that's some mighty nice-looking prop sword choreography." Not believable in the slightest. Sure, making it believable probably wasn't the point, but if that's true, then why bother going through all that extra crap and just call it a choreography/special effects demo instead?

#97537  by Kupek
 Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:38 pm
You gotta learn somehow.

#97647  by SineSwiper
 Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:15 am
See, you guys thought that the SW movies were so bitchin with the Jedi swordplay, but these guys showed how easy it is to do (comparetivily speaking).

Also, did anybody notice the Dark City fight music in the b/g?