The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• 5/17/2005

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #99752  by Eric
 Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:18 am
Was the last time a Naruto episode aired that was tied to the official manga/arc.

Hard to believe it's already been over a year of filler. :)

#99753  by Nev
 Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:07 pm
Ha, ha!

#99758  by Shellie
 Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:27 pm
I havent watched an episode in months...I need to catch up.

#99807  by M'k'n'zy
 Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:01 pm
You havent missed much.

#99814  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:54 am
Seraphina wrote:I havent watched an episode in months...I need to catch up.
You can basically get up to 135 and not bother watching another one and miss nothing. Each arc and/or episode(s) has been like a bad movie or OAV. There can be no character development since they can't have it if it's not tied to the manga. Without the development, it's just empty. Not to mention the idiotic ideas Tokyopop is coming up with (cooking, courier ninjas and Ino pretending to be a princess on a mission were fucking ridiculous).

If I didn't know this was filler and the kick-ass stuff is coming up, I would have stopped watching the show. It's really a shadow of its former self right now. I'm just keeping up for something to do and just in case they actually have a half-decent filler ep for once.

#99839  by Tessian
 Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:49 pm
Makes me glad I stopped around episode 120 :P

Bleach, on the other hand, still rocks

#99845  by M'k'n'zy
 Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:44 am
Tessian, I think that most people who are reading the manga on a weekly basis will have a hard time agreeing with you. Myself included, I have not been very impressed with the filler. Its not as bad as Naruto's, but I keep praying for when it will end.

#99858  by Zeus
 Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:59 pm
Tessian wrote:Makes me glad I stopped around episode 120 :P

Bleach, on the other hand, still rocks
Man, there are some awesome episodes between 120 and 135. You missed Naruto vs Sasuke for cryin' out loud! They'd spend the entire series building that one up. Just watch up to 135, you won't be disappointed

#99915  by Zeus
 Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:36 am
Dear LORD 193 was bad. When you're longing for courier-ninja level episodes, you know the filler's gotten bad

#99943  by Eric
 Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:00 am
I download the filler skip to the last minute just to find out if it's gonna end the next episode then delete it.

#99948  by Nev
 Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:22 am
If I see one more post whining about Naruto filler, I'm going to hunt you all down and beat you senseless.

DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!! WATCH SOMETHING GOOD INSTEAD!!!!!

Rent Grave of the Fireflies. Or Battle Angel Alita. Or Spirited Away. Or *something*, anything, that's not Naruto filler that you then come back here and whine about...

#99961  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:40 pm
Nev wrote:If I see one more post whining about Naruto filler, I'm going to hunt you all down and beat you senseless.

DON'T WATCH IT!!!!!! WATCH SOMETHING GOOD INSTEAD!!!!!

Rent Grave of the Fireflies. Or Battle Angel Alita. Or Spirited Away. Or *something*, anything, that's not Naruto filler that you then come back here and whine about...
I own Fireflies and Spirited Away :-)

I have been. But I keep up with Naruto out of force of habit. I just have to vent at its shittiness every once in a while

#100043  by M'k'n'zy
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:36 pm
I keep up with about 10 diffrent shows right now, including Naruto. I dont want there to be any risk of me missing when it goes back to real storyline.