The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Caught a Transformers preview here in L.A.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#108604  by Lox
 Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 pm
Zeus wrote:Yeah, that's probably the best way to describe it. That's why it didn't feel like a Die Hard film. In the third one he did more crazy things but they were believable, even the fall off the crane to a very, very small degree.

In this one, they're just too over the top for the "everyday" hero that McLane has been since the late 80s. That's what made him so popular to begin with. They're more Schwartzenegger stunts than McLane stunts
That was what bothered me about the previews. The scene where he dives between 2 cars to dodge something flying at him just looked so much like every other action movie I've ever seen.

The thing I loved about Die Hard was that it was simple in most of it's action.
Last edited by Lox on Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#108607  by Eric
 Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:02 pm
Zeus wrote:
Eric wrote:
Zeus wrote:Eric, you just agreed with me. You do realize you can never talk about movies again, right?
I've never really had a problem with your taste in movies. Just your non-hatred of the horror that is Resident Evil. :P

Pun intended btw.
I'm there opening weekend for Extinction. Wanna join me? :D
:bully:

#108616  by Zeus
 Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 am
bovine wrote:I reply to your zingy pennyarcade comic making fun of die hard with a zingy comic from the VG Cats!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=241

zing!
That's freakin' great