The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Just was exposed to the dub voices for Bleach

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#100680  by Eric
 Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:56 am
Link?

#100681  by Zeus
 Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:14 am
Believe it!

#100703  by M'k'n'zy
 Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:00 pm
They made him sound way too monotone and soft. Sometimes I honestly dont understand what they look for when they cast a dub voice.

#100707  by Zeus
 Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:17 am
M'k'n'zy wrote: Sometimes I honestly dont understand what they look for when they cast a dub voice.
Someone who can recorded the voices the way they're told to in an efficient (ie. quickly) and effective (ie. cheaply) manner. Overall cost-benefit analysis from what I can tell

#100786  by SineSwiper
 Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:09 pm
If it's given a TV-Y rating, the dubbing is going to suck. That's what I've come to expect nowadays. Now, TV-14 shows seems to have a pretty good staff of dubbers.

#100803  by Eric
 Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:56 am
Watched it on Adult Swim, was an excellent dub. I've heard some piss poor dubbing, One Piece, SOME of Naruto.

Bleach was really good, the voices felt like they fit the characters and more importantly they were able to flow and hold conversations normally, they weren't trying to sell you on it like in Naruto where they pronounce each and every single word, NAH RUH TOE!!!! HEE-NAA-TA, BELIEVE IT. They kept the original sound track, full intro, thumbs up from me :)