The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#102248  by Tessian
 Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:18 pm
Yes. R&S were gay in every meaning of the word.

I know it's cool to like the show, but the only thing they had going for it was the shock/gross factor.

I hope they gave each other AIDs

#102252  by Nev
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:32 am
Yeah...because, you know, only GAY PEOPLE get AIDS.

Anyway, Tess's opinion notwithstanding, I tend to go with the predominant opinion that Ren and Stimpy was a groundbreaking work of animation that paved the way for a tremendous number of highly creative shows that followed. My guess is that without Ren and Stimpy, we could have never had Invader Zim, for instance...

#102258  by Tessian
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:39 am
I was not making a remark about homosexuality and aids, mearly my wish for them to die in a horrible manner.

I never liked R&S, if it did anything it furthered interest in adult cartoons, even if it went about it in the most vile way possible.

Some aspects of the show were creative (It's Log!) but most of it was just filled with grossness and potty humor.

#102260  by Imakeholesinu
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:45 am
I'm just suprised that this actually made it on to Nickelodeon during my duration as a child. I guess that would explain a lot though in the end.

#102283  by Flip
 Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:41 pm
That is an episode from the latest batch of very adultish cartoons that were shown on Spike, or something. You didnt see that on Nick as a kid.

Wiki R&S and you can read the story, it is entertaining. John K gave Nick hell.

I love the show and watched on Nick all the time. I bought the first 3 season DVD bundle and it rocks.