The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Later English dubs of Naruto

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #102713  by SineSwiper
 Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:15 am
I saw an episode of the Garaa/Lee fight, and it wasn't totally terrible. My guess is that they figured out that they were getting a bad rap for all of the horrible translation and dubbing. I still hate Naruto's voice, but at least I didn't hear him say "Believe it" once. (WTF?!?)

They also made it a TV-PG show. I guess they didn't think that they could even get away with the whole Chuunin exam on a Y7 label. So, if you really HAVE to see the English dubs, I think it's safe to do so. Actually, some of the voices aren't half-bad (Garaa's is actually good), but I've definately seen much better quality voice acting on Adult Swim.

Of course, the edits on the credits are super lame. Even the incredibly boring Bleach outro still go unedited, so why can't they show the actual Naturo ones?

#102731  by Zeus
 Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:21 am
Bah, just stick with the AonE translations (if they ever release more than 191)

#103818  by SineSwiper
 Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:15 pm
Dubs? I thought Dattebayo did their subs. Is AonE doing dubs?

#103829  by Zeus
 Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:49 pm
SineSwiper wrote:Dubs? I thought Dattebayo did their subs. Is AonE doing dubs?
Sorry, pulled a Seek there. Didn't read the post properly before responding (BURN! :-)