The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Fun resurrected from the archives: Two Simpsons quizzes!

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #104855  by Blotus
 Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:44 pm
No looking back in the archives, you gays!

Now you bums are on your honor not to cheat and look off anybody else's answers. If you do, it may wind up biting you in the ass anyway, 'cause I'm going to try and make these hard. I'm going to list some quotes, and you just have to tell me who the speaker is. In some cases, the character may not have a name, but you should be able to tell me who it is anyway (ex- Homer's relative who plays a millionaire at partys).

1) "Just as I thought, it's a Yard King! Now that is a quality barrow."

2) "Aw, look at the weak little baby. You're stupid, you stupid weak baby!"

3) "Well well, if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg."

4) "Say your prayers, [Bart] Simpson..... because the school can't force you like they should!"

5) "My eyes, the goggles -- they do nothing!"

6) "...oh, and I stepped on one of your Peacocks. Got a paper towel?" (sometimes taken out in syndicated episodes)

7) "Hey, that smells like regular [gas]. She needs premium, dude, Premium! ... Duuude!"

8) "I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with Jack, Orville, and Mr... couldn't we just do something to his voice box?"

9) "I am the lizard queen!"

10) Man: Hey ________, where's your cummerbund?
______: "It fell in the toilet."

11) "[Homer] Simpson, is that a plunger stuck on your head?"

12) Chief Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can!"
______: "Use my pen knife, my good man!" (this guy has a name, but a description will do)

13) "Nine hundred dollary-doos?! Tobias! Did you accept a six hour call from the States?!"

14) "Drinking has ruined my life. I'm 31 years-old!"

15) "Taxes?! I thought this was the line for Metallica!"

16) "But this comes out of my salary! If I had a girlfriend she'd kill me!"

17) The Sea Captain: Aye, that's ___________. He dances for nickels. (who is he referring to?)

18) "Aw, I bent my wookiee!"

19) "And I 'ate the mess he [Santa's Little Helper] left on me rug! ...Ya heard me!"

20) "This whole thing is as pointless as that yellow, lemon-shaped rock over there."

21) "My dad's a pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory."

22) "_________, _________,(it's the same person) he'll make you laugh, he'll make you think..."

23) ____: "I thought I'd get in shape so I've been drinking nothing but milkshakes."
Lisa: You mean those diet milkshakes?
____: "Uh oh."

24) ______: "Let me be the first to say, 'may to force be with you'."
Leonard Nimoy: Do you even know who I am?
______: "I think I do. Weren't you one of the Little Rascals?"

25) "Bloody Guts Murphy was quite the sousaphone player--"

Give'r.

Quiz two... by Gentz!

When we get bored my friend and I play Simpsons Trivia. We take turns asking and answering questions and the first person to miss five loses. I'm gonna try and remember some of our better questions and give them to y'all to answer...

(Most of these are two-parters so you can get half or full credit)

1.) At the Springfield Swap Meet Homer finds and discards four extremely valuable items from the "Five Cent Box." Name 2 of those items.

2.) When Sideshow Bob has Bart cornered on the houseboat Bart asks him to sing the score to a musical play to stall him. What is the name of that play?

3.) Which professional baseball player gets into a fight with Barney in the bar over the greatest English Prime Minister, and which Prime Minister was Barney claiming to be the greatest?

4.) Name 2 of Homer's alternate name-choices in the "Max Power" episode.

5.) What's the name of Luanne VanHouten's new boyfriend (after divorcing Kurt)? Also, what is the name of his friend whom Luanne has been seeing on the side?

6.) According to Mr. Burns, who is the World's Most Devious Assassin, and whom does that assassin assume Burns to be from the initials "M.B."?

7.) "Mr. Sparkle" dish detergent is a joint venture of two Japanese coporations. Name 1 of them (I would say name both, but I couldn't so I decided it was unfair :)).

8.) What is the purpose of the ants on board the space shuttle in the Deep Space Homer episode?

9.) What is Principal Skinner's real name and before assuming the name of Skinner what did all his dreams involve?

10.) What is Jimbo spraypainting on the wall before Homer's vigilante group catches him?

I know a lot of you are better at this than I am, so go to it...
 #104898  by Nev
 Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:27 pm
Black Lotus wrote:4) "Say your prayers, [Bart] Simpson..... because the school can't force you like they should!"
Sounds Reverend-Lovejoyish?
Black Lotus wrote:5) "My eyes, the goggles -- they do nothing!"
Rainier Wolfcastle as Radioactive Man, while getting drenched in acid for a movie scene.
Black Lotus wrote:9) "I am the lizard queen!"
Lisa, after drinking the "water" in the "I'll have a Duff, you have one too" ride at Duff Gardens.
Black Lotus wrote:11) "[Homer] Simpson, is that a plunger stuck on your head?"
Sounds like Mr. Burns, or Smithers?
Black Lotus wrote:14) "Drinking has ruined my life. I'm 31 years-old!"
Barney Gumble, in the short film episode where he won the lifetime supply of Duff for his moving short film on his own alcoholism?
Black Lotus wrote:15) "Taxes?! I thought this was the line for Metallica!"
Sounds like Otto the Bus Driver.
Black Lotus wrote:16) "But this comes out of my salary! If I had a girlfriend she'd kill me!"
The pimple teenager who always has the minimum wage jobs?
Black Lotus wrote:17) The Sea Captain: Aye, that's ___________. He dances for nickels. (who is he referring to?)
Dammit! That guy. Who has the face like Krusty and plays the accordion down at the docks...in that episode where Krusty fakes his own death to get away from the I.R.S...
Black Lotus wrote:18 ) "Aw, I bent my wookiee!"
Ralph Wiggum, I think. God bless his functionally illiterate soul. :D
Black Lotus wrote:19) "And I 'ate the mess he [Santa's Little Helper] left on me rug! ...Ya heard me!"
Accent sounds like Groundskeeper Willie.
Black Lotus wrote:22) "_________, _________,(it's the same person) he'll make you laugh, he'll make you think..."
Professor Frink, Professor Frink...
Gentz wrote:2.) When Sideshow Bob has Bart cornered on the houseboat Bart asks him to sing the score to a musical play to stall him. What is the name of that play?
Something by Rodgers and Hammerstein, I think...can't remember?
Gentz wrote:3.) Which professional baseball player gets into a fight with Barney in the bar over the greatest English Prime Minister, and which Prime Minister was Barney claiming to be the greatest?
Dammit! It wasn't Canseco, or Mattingly, or Strawberry, or Ozzie Smith...not Griffey Jr., because he had gigantism...not Clemens, he turned into a chicken...Wade Boggs? Was he in the episode?

...whoever it was, he was arguing for So-and-So the Elder, and Barney was distinctly arguing for Lord....

...Palmerston?

...damn Barney's drunken accent.

...'s'all I got.

#104930  by Lox
 Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 pm
Crap, I suck at these now. I haven't had the time to keep up on my Simpsonology like I used to.

1) "Just as I thought, it's a Yard King! Now that is a quality barrow."
--Chief Wiggum

2) "Aw, look at the weak little baby. You're stupid, you stupid weak baby!"
--Kid from Shelbyville (episode = Lemon of Troy)

3) "Well well, if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg."
--Dr. Nick

4) "Say your prayers, [Bart] Simpson..... because the school can't force you like they should!"
--Ned Flanders, I think.

5) "My eyes, the goggles -- they do nothing!"
--Rainier Wolfcastle (as Radioactive Man)

6) "...oh, and I stepped on one of your Peacocks. Got a paper towel?" (sometimes taken out in syndicated episodes)
???

7) "Hey, that smells like regular [gas]. She needs premium, dude, Premium! ... Duuude!"
--Snake

8) "I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with Jack, Orville, and Mr... couldn't we just do something to his voice box?"
--???

9) "I am the lizard queen!"
--Lisa

10) Man: Hey ________, where's your cummerbund?
______: "It fell in the toilet."
--???

11) "[Homer] Simpson, is that a plunger stuck on your head?"
Homer's High School principal???

12) Chief Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can!"
______: "Use my pen knife, my good man!" (this guy has a name, but a description will do)
--I know the episode, I know the voice, but I cannot think of the look or the name!!!

13) "Nine hundred dollary-doos?! Tobias! Did you accept a six hour call from the States?!"
--Australian guy who bought calls collect

14) "Drinking has ruined my life. I'm 31 years-old!"
--Barney

15) "Taxes?! I thought this was the line for Metallica!"
-Otto

16) "But this comes out of my salary! If I had a girlfriend she'd kill me!"
--Pizza faced kid

17) The Sea Captain: Aye, that's ___________. He dances for nickels. (who is he referring to?)
--Dancing Pete or something. He looks like Krusty facially, but he's a little midget who dances and play an accordion.

18) "Aw, I bent my wookiee!"
--Ralph

19) "And I 'ate the mess he [Santa's Little Helper] left on me rug! ...Ya heard me!"
--Groundskeeper Willie

20) "This whole thing is as pointless as that yellow, lemon-shaped rock over there."
--Bart

21) "My dad's a pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory."
--Milhouse

22) "_________, _________,(it's the same person) he'll make you laugh, he'll make you think..."
--???

23) ____: "I thought I'd get in shape so I've been drinking nothing but milkshakes."
Lisa: You mean those diet milkshakes?
____: "Uh oh."
--Homer?

24) ______: "Let me be the first to say, 'may to force be with you'."
Leonard Nimoy: Do you even know who I am?
______: "I think I do. Weren't you one of the Little Rascals?"
--Mayor Quimby

25) "Bloody Guts Murphy was quite the sousaphone player--"