The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Up - most surprising movie I've seen in a decade

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.

#143819  by Flip
 Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm
I was hooked at the beginning with the whole no dialogue montage. It was beautiful, funny, and sad.

The rest of the movie was ok and i was over it by the end. The talking dog bothered me for some reason. Maybe i just dont like 'dumb' characters in general, like Jar Jar. Even still, it was a really good movie and like Wall-E, it had a more adult feel. Pixar gets it right most of the time.

#143820  by Lox
 Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm
Yeah, I really liked Up. I loved the Dog and the little boy and that made the movie for me.

I'd say Finding Nemo and Wall-E are my 2 favorite Pixar movies still.

#143821  by Shellie
 Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:05 pm
It was good, but not as good as I expected. I got bored during the whole jungle thing. I thought Wall-E was much much better.

#143823  by M'k'n'zy
 Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm
Wall-e is probally my fave as well, but I really loved Up. It was very hard for us cause we were seeing it only so long after my wife's dad died, and I saw it with my wife and my mother in law.

#143831  by SineSwiper
 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:19 am
I really like they way they started the movie.

#143838  by RentCavalier
 Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:19 pm
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you!"

I adored Up. It's such a goddamned great time.

#143847  by Mully
 Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 pm
There were so many HEAVY issues: loss of lifetime love, letting go of the past, absentee father,..etc