The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Soooo....Lost: Season 6

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #143961  by Lox
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:33 am
I was expecting big things. I've been excited for this premiere for almost a year and it did not disappoint.

SPOILERS

My theory is that the bomb in 1977 dislodged the island from space/time again, but in a way that the island exists in its own timeline now. So everything we've seen on the island has happened, but only on the island. In the "real world", the island was destroyed and the plane never crashes (along with the other stuff from 1977-forward).

#143977  by Blotus
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 pm
SPOILARS

Juliet had better stay dead this time. I think I need to watch the series recap before I watch the next episode. Between seasons of Lost I forget everything that has previously happened and even why I like the show. Yeah, not cool with yet another Juliet dies BUT WAIT SHE'S FINE, oh... nope.

#143978  by Lox
 Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 pm
I think she's dead dead. I am pretty sure the actress is doing other stuff now.

#144039  by Shrinweck
 Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:02 pm
Alternate realities are my least favorite plot devices. Fuckity fuck.

#144040  by Flip
 Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 pm
Shrinweck wrote:Alternate realities are my least favorite plot devices. Fuckity fuck.
Agree, once 'anything can happen' is the answer then there is no surprises left.

#144041  by Lox
 Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Geez. Have some faith. :)

I suspect the writers will use this alternate timeline in a very unique way. They haven't disappointed in the last 3 seasons. Heck, they pulled off time travel, which is normally a story killer, wonderfully.

There's no way they're going to pull the "none of this ever happened" crap. The writing has been too solid for a cop out like that.

#144042  by Shrinweck
 Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 pm
I'm not terribly worried it'll go to shit, I'm just saying that during the latest two episodes during the alternate reality clips the entire time I was just thinking "I really don't give a fuck about what's going on here."

They might as well be completely different characters. I really can't imagine it going anywhere but "Something feels really wrong... This shouldn't have happened!" Except that it'll take them HOURS of what could have been solid story telling to get there.

#144043  by Lox
 Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:52 pm
Yeah, I see what you mean. Personally, the non-crash timeline intrigued me because I want to see what they do with it and it was fascinating to see these characters without the crash influencing them. I really hope they do something good with it. If they screw it up, I'll be as annoyed as anyone. :)

#144152  by Shrinweck
 Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:04 pm
Okay I gave it another chance and there are a bunch of differences in the alternate reality that will likely make it worth watching. Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia helped, too.

Also: Lol Doctor Goodspeed.

#144153  by Lox
 Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 pm
Yeah, I love Mac. He was perfect for that character. :)

I watched a side by side comparison of the 2 plane sequences. It was interesting.

#144303  by Blotus
 Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:31 pm
Shrinweck wrote:Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia helped, too.
I could not contain the lols when he first appeared. I think his first line was something like "Hey! Shut up!"