The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• James Bond 007: Skyfall preview

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #156301  by Julius Seeker
 Sun May 06, 2012 4:25 pm
Just a short clip, there's just over 6 months to go - so I am willing to bet there'll be an official trailer any day now.

I personally think that this Bond film has the highest potential of any Bond film in the franchise history.

1. Sam Mendes as the director.
2. Ralph Fiennes plays an MI6 agent of sorts - but everything about his character has been hush-hush.
3. There has been a major gap since the last Bond film, typically this means that a good film is ahead in this particular franchise.
4. Daniel Craig as Bond; in my opinion, he's an excellent Bond; darker/colder, and can get the job done - very similar to Timothy Dalton and the book version of Bond.

There was speculation that Fiennes was going to be the next Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Dr. Evil, and a recurring super-villain, for those not familiar with the Bond series) for a lot of last year due to him shaving his head for the role; but that has really died down to nothing now - particularly since Javier Bardem has been confirmed as the main villain. Overall, just the fact that Mendez is directing and Fiennes is acting within it is fairly huge news' I see Mendes as one of the most skilled directors, and Fiennes as one of the most skilled actors of the last 20 years.
 #156313  by Flip
 Mon May 07, 2012 9:05 am
The popular opinion for haters of the new Bond (and I'm not sure that I agree yet or not) is that they believe the Bond series is supposed to be over-the-top, goofy one liners where the hero never breaks a sweat and always gets the girl. I heard one of my coworkers say, "If i wanted to watch a tortured, morally conflicted, slightly depressed main character I could watch just about any modern TV drama, but I want to watch Bond!"

I prefer the darker side and I havent read the books, but I heard the modern Craig interpretation is truer to what was intended. But you know what, those goofy old movies is what made Bond a household name.
 #156328  by Imakeholesinu
 Tue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm
Javier Bardem as Jaws? Hmmmmm