The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Bel Ami

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #156832  by Imakeholesinu
 Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm
Watched this movie on demand last night ($8, not bad). I really enjoy period pieces, especially ones set in France and this did not disappoint. Robert "Sparklevampire" Pattinson is in it but I was surprised by everyone else who was as well, Uma Thurman, Christina Ricci (who looked damn fine), Kristen Scott Thomas (who ended up being a stage 1 clinger) and Colm Meany (dude seems to be in EVERYTHING lately, use Star Trek as a launching pad for your career, you sir have done well).

Anyway, there is lots of debauchery but how the characters move the plot along is kind of, I don't know, slow and wonky. All the twists are somewhat predictable. I guess that is what I really didn't like about the film but the end kind of threw a curve at me but it was interesting still even if I could tell what the next scene was going to be from the last. My advice? Don't go see it in the theater, wait for red box.
 #156840  by Julius Seeker
 Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:54 am
Heh, speaking of Colm Meaney, he was in a few episodes of Stargate Atlantis; and true to his name, he is a bastard in that =P