The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw LotR...twice.  One in Cali and once in the shittiest theater in Alabama.  It actually was better on the second viewing...No Spoilers...

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #48086  by Ishamael
 Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:09 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>I already thought the film was good, but after the 2nd viewing, I think it'll be one of my all time favorites. Truly great filmmaking and Peter Jackson shows how to use a big budget to make a film that's actually better than mediocre.</div>
 #48093  by Gone to Shakers
 Thu Jan 03, 2002 1:11 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>There are some movies that you have to watch twice, Twelve Monkeys, Mission Impossible, Pulp Fiction, this is the movie you'll want to see at least twice.</div>
 #48101  by Chockboard
 Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:53 pm
<div style='font: 10pt arial; text-align: left; '>That scene at Elrond's house where Bilbo wants to see the Ring again. I was talking with my friends about how there were some scary parts, and one of them's like "man, it's been years since a movie scared me." He screamed like a little girl at the Bilbo scene =). It didn't happen like that in the book, dammit =\.</div>

#48106  by New and Improved Zeus
 Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:14 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>YEah, that was incredible. I distinctly remember something about that in the book, but in the movie it seems much more powerful</div>

#48122  by Ishamael
 Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:57 am
<div style='font: 14pt "Sans Serif"; text-align: justify; padding: 0% 15% 0% 15%; '>Yeah, that part does kind of jump out at you. heh, I hopped a little the first time too...</div>