The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• "The Ring" an American remake from a Japanese horror movie. Very creepy. Sorry, no nudity. Stay home Esque. =8^P

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #51620  by G-man Joe
 Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:36 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>"The Ring" an American remake from a Japanese horror movie. Very creepy. Sorry, no nudity. Stay home Esque. =8^P</div>
 #51623  by Torgo
 Sat Oct 19, 2002 4:40 am
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>It was very entertaining for the most part, but I thought that the last 10 minutes was just uncalled for. Seriously, seeing the girl crawl out of the TV pretty much killed any feeling of uncertainty that was built up to that point.</div>
 #51625  by Manshoon
 Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:27 pm
<div style='font: 14pt "Times New Roman"; text-align: left; '>It made for a nice and unexpected twist at the end. Up to that part it was almost like watching Sixth Sense over again, but then that scene just changes everything and you realize this is not going to be a happy ending.</div>
 #51627  by Flip
 Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:31 am
<div style='font: 12pt "Cooper Black"; text-align: left; '>In fact i would have felt jipped (sp?) if they didnt have the last ten minutes. The movie was freaky, but i wanted to see some hard core scary shit and i thought the girl crawling out and suddenly flashing in front of the guy was the best part.

What i did not like, however, was that it left a lot of of stuff unexplained. The few off the top of my head...

Why did the boy have some connection with this girl before she even killed the cousin?

Do they have to make a copy and show someone or can they just make a copy? Or do they not even need a copy and can just show someone to be safe?

Why did Naomi Watts character avoid the assistant who was going up the elevator at the end?

Why was the girl creating bad stuff for the residents of the island when the parents first braught her there?

Where did the girl come from when her mother had 60 some odd miscarriges, the doctor said they left the island and just came back with her, well gee, thanks.

Is this the order of events? Parents go on vacation and brought the girl back, bad stuff happens (like the horses drowning thing), they sent the girl to mental hosiptal, they then stole the girl out of the hospital (why?), girl lived in the barn, mom killed her off the island at the now camp site (doesnt make sense that they would kill her there, they lived on the island, how did they know about a big field with a well?), mom killed herself (wtf? the kid was dead now), girl became ghost and manifested a tape to get revenge on people who couldnt care less about her?

I know there were other stupid things that didnt make sense and werent explained well, but its late and i'm tired. All in all is was a good movie for entertainment, but yet a terrible movie as far as plot.</div>
 #51630  by Torgo
 Sun Oct 20, 2002 8:01 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>I liked the plot twist ("You weren't supposed to let her out!"), but I think it should've ended there. The whole TV thing just seemed unecessary. It's like Signs when they never really show much of the aliens for the first part of the movie, and then in the end he's standing there in all his glory. I understand that the director probably wanted to reward the audience for sitting patiently for 2 hours, but I think that part is better left to the imagination. Oh well. Entertaining movie, nonetheless.</div>

#51646  by Mr Satan
 Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:42 am
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Very creep indeed. I hid in the dryer for a day and a half.</div>
 #51648  by G-man Joe
 Tue Oct 22, 2002 3:39 pm
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>I think the boy had a 6th sense.

The girl had some dark power of some sort. She could burn things with a touch. Send nightmares to people's heads. So when she was thrown into the well, a cabin was built on top of it. Later on, the girl's power was able to "record" itself to a tape and anyone who watched her recorded nightmare, would get a visit from her in 7 days. She needed a medium to get to you. And what medium is that? A TV and VCR! Once you watch it, it's in your head and where ever you go, you will summon her.</div>

#51659  by Lee S.
 Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:02 am
<div style='font: ; text-align: left; '>Yeah, I haven't had a movie creep me out that much in a long time. I had to unplug the TV when I got back home from it.</div>

#51660  by G-man Joe
 Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:51 am
<div style='font: 11pt "Fine Hand"; text-align: left; '>That's worst thing you could do.... =8^P</div>