The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw Reloaded, Jesus Fuck Christ that movie was sweet. Plot still makes you say "Huh" so you definately need to see it more then once. Spoiler-free review.

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #55014  by Eric
 Thu May 15, 2003 4:31 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Reloaded is a fitting title, I understand why it was named "Reloaded" at least. Hell the entire world of the Matrix is different in my eyes. In the first movie you saw the basic stuff how people can jump 100 meters, fight so fast, and bounce of walls. This 2nd movie, it's like a video game expansion set. New Characters, new moves, additional worlds, and the old characters get improvements. Speaking of additional worlds, let's talk about Zion. Zion is awesome looking, it's like one of those grand places you see when you're being introduced into an RPG world. Remember how Midgar looked in FFVII for the first time? Well it's something like that. The introduction to Zion wasn't ruined like the introduction to that crap city in FF: The Spirits Within that had me grinning while it was being destroyed. No, Zion is something that I want to see live. It's a very nice place. At night time, when you look up it's like you're star gazing.

Neo blew threw Agent Smith in the first Matrix, so I guess the common question is, why doesn't he do it more often? Well who cares goddamnit, if you cut out Neo fighting you cut out 70% of the freakin movie! As nice as it was to see Neo do it at the end of the first movie, as a kinda climax to a hated villian, you don't want to see him doing it to every single bad guy 24-7 do you? Hell no! You wanna see combat, and it delivers goddamnit. The fight scenes start off a little slow, but later on they just get downright awesome. For those of you that saw the trailor, you'll understand this next encoded line: When Neo takes on (number) (certain character(s)) it's a freakin marvelous scene! The trailor didn't do it justice, it much more amazing to see on the big screen, and I'm not 100% sure because my mouth was hanging open from the action, but I think there was some J-pop or something playing during that whole fight.

I don't want to say much more, because I don't want to spoil anything. But yes, I am interested in seeing Revloutions like crazy now! At least I don't have to wait 2-3 years for it like the next X-men movie, COME ON NOVEMBER!</div>

#55016  by Eric
 Thu May 15, 2003 4:52 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Goddamnit, something told me to stay until after the credits were over, I'm reading other reviews now, and I'm seeing there is a trailor for Revolutions after Reloaded! Oh well, I'll see it tommorow. :)</div>

#55060  by SineSwiper
 Fri May 16, 2003 11:27 am
<div style='font: 11pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light"; text-align: left; '>I hate bitches that don't stay for the credits. Ha ha!</div>