The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• I just caught the MTV movie awards, only one real skit, hmmmm, for once the Academy Award Celebration was actually more fun to watch....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59164  by Julius Seeker
 Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:43 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>It seems like they really slashed the budget down this year, no skits like they had in previous years with the Matrix, Spiderman, Lord of the Rings, etc.... Even the Academy Awards had a few of those this year. They had some chick I haven't even ever heard of doing the hosting, and well, I could have done a much better job than her =P

The only real skit that it had this year aside from the performances by D12 (which was awesome) and some other bands, was when they had Peter Jackson doing an interview with New Line, and they were begging him to make a fourth installment to the series. All in all, it had nothing on Jack Blacks skit on The Council of Elrond a couple years back. For those of you who don't want to watch the awards, it will very likely be on the Return of the King EE DVD as a hidden file after the final chapter in the scene selection place (just like in the last two).

All in all, it seems like they really didn't put a lot of work into planning or production. The high point of the show was D12's performance.

Awards went to Depp for best male performance as Jack Sparrow, and Lord of the Rings won best action scene and best picture, that's 3 for 3 at the MTV movie Awards =)

All in all, for those who haven't seen the awards, don't watch it, the show just plain blew =P

Which sucks because they are usually awesome.</div>