The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• After sitting down to a cartoon binge over the last couple weeks I must say....

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #59528  by Derithian
 Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:54 pm
<div style='font: italic bold 14pt ; text-align: center; '>DC comics are by far the best at doi9ng comic book tv shows. Teen Titans while having an annoying theme song is pretty good and really has the feel of the team down well. Although it did bother me that Speedy was dressed in his adult uniform rather than his "speedy" outfit.

The justice league was amazing. Very similar to the old batman the animated series which was also fantastic. but they got the feel of the justice league down pretty well and did a damn good job with modernizing old story arcs. the 2 season finales were amazing. The opening video is terrible though. I mean really what the hell, did they hire a classroom of third graders to do the cg for it. it's hilairiously bad.

The only thing marvel ever did really well was the old spider man cartoon they did pretty well. that as wll as the old x-men although it doens't hold the quality of the DC stuff. I mean hell justice league mad a christmas episode entertaining</div>

#59533  by Eric
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:04 am
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah Marvel gets suspect sometimes. X-men evolution is a prime example. But DC always seems to get it just right. My only complaint with Justice League season 1 is that Superman was a bitch most of the season.</div>

#59536  by SineSwiper
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:04 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Blah...Justice League is crap. Nothing compared to the Batman cartoon series.</div>

#59547  by Gentz
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:36 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>Batman is actually cooler in Justice League than in the Batman series</div>

#59554  by Derithian
 Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:06 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>Yeah he wasn't dark enough in batman the animated series. still a damn good series though....</div>

#59568  by Gentz
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:36 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>No doubt</div>

#59582  by Derithian
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:52 pm
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>The one problem I had with it were poeple's stories. they mixed up hawg girl and hawkwoman and also majorly fucked up wonder womans background...maily because hades is one of the good gods and it was Ares that was out to destroy the world.....</div>

#59584  by Torgo
 Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:07 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>Is that even possible? Damn, I've been missing out.</div>

#59591  by Derithian
 Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:19 am
<div style='font: 12pt ; text-align: left; '>And is it just me or is Rosenbaum the king actor of all comic nerds. I mean he does the flash's voice, Lex Luthor, and has a couple more voiceovers in superhero cartoons.....</div>

#59609  by Gentz
 Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:54 am
<div style='font: 11pt arial; text-align: left; '>It's revealed in the first episode that Batman knows the weaknesses of every JL member and that he has the means to kill any or all of them should it ever be necessary.</div>

#59619  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:33 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>But, that would screw up Christian mythology.</div>

#59620  by SineSwiper
 Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:34 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Superman's always been a bitch. One of my least favorite superheroes.</div>