The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Saw Day After Tomorrow last night (yes, I watched it after you left, Gray). Yep, it's Roland Emmerich all right. I gotta check IMDB to see if this guy has done ANYTHING even half decent other than Stargate (which I loved)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #61983  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:21 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Saw Day After Tomorrow last night (yes, I watched it after you left, Gray). Yep, it's Roland Emmerich all right. I gotta check IMDB to see if this guy has done ANYTHING even half decent other than Stargate (which I loved)</div>

#61984  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:22 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>OK, he did the original Universal Soldier, which was suprisingly good. But other than that, his movies have been JUNK</div>

#61985  by Eric
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:52 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>You have it twisted, Day After Tomorrow is one of those summer movies you go to see one time for it's special effects only.</div>

#61987  by Torgo
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:16 pm
<div style='font: 9pt Arial; text-align: left; '>He did Starg...oh nevermind.Um, I liked Independence Day in all its cheesiness.</div>

#61991  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:23 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>Yes it is. But for me, there has to be more. I mean, Stargate worked well IMO (it's quite popular with the sci-fi fans; see SG-1 and Atlantis). I mean, that movie screamed formula and nearly choked you to death with its preachiness. There's no reason for either</div>

#61992  by Zeus
 Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:25 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>I saw that opening weekend and I hated it, utterly. Mostly because it had tons of potential (War of the Worlds part was just cool) but was utterly destroyed by the forced patriotism and 3 (yes, 3) love stories. Tried watching it again and didn't like it any more</div>

#61998  by SineSwiper
 Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 am
<div style='font: 10pt "EngraversGothic BT", "Copperplate Gothic Light", "Century Gothic"; text-align: left; '>Like Fuckheimer, movies like "ID4" make me hate everything Hollywood stands for.</div>

#62009  by Eric
 Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:46 pm
<div style='font: 11pt ; text-align: left; '>Pfft, you can't stomach forced patriotism & Romance, but Resident Evil with it's uber-cheesy effects and ending where she fights Nemesis HAND TO HAND sits well with you. Bah.</div>

#62013  by Zeus
 Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:27 pm
<div style='font: 9pt ; text-align: left; '>That's right. Forced patriotism and forced romanticism is the worst part of the formualic crap and formula is the bane of movie making</div>