The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• So I finally started Bleach

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #84591  by Zeus
 Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:13 am
Two eps in. OK so far, but I haven't really got past the "this is what's happening and why you need to do what you do" part. I'll give it until ep 6 or so and see if it gives me a reason to watch more (kinda like the 20 min I give for movies to hook me). The idea is neat, but it needs to go somewhere very quickly or it'll get stale, so I'm willing to give it a chance to develop.

I'm sure Big Daddy Mac will be the only one who cares, but I'll post my updated impressions after about 6 eps.

At the same time, I watched the second of Samurai Champloo. I finally found the subbed ones, so it should be easier to swallow now (I HATED the dub of it). It's kinda in the same boat as Bleach, needs to develop a bit further, but it's a little further along and doesn't have all those childish anime moments (like when they go way over the top, get that big tear on their head, and when the background changes to this ridiculous colour, all in the name of exaggerating the moment; not a fan), so it's a little better so far.
 #84635  by SineSwiper
 Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:33 am
Zeus wrote:At the same time, I watched the second of Samurai Champloo. I finally found the subbed ones, so it should be easier to swallow now (I HATED the dub of it). It's kinda in the same boat as Bleach, needs to develop a bit further, but it's a little further along and doesn't have all those childish anime moments (like when they go way over the top, get that big tear on their head, and when the background changes to this ridiculous colour, all in the name of exaggerating the moment; not a fan), so it's a little better so far.
Yeah, Watanabe isn't a fan of that crap either, which is good.

#84641  by M'k'n'zy
 Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:16 am
Yeah be sure you let me know what you think, considering I am the one who recomended it to you. It is defidently really good, it even has my friend Gary, one of the pickiest people I have ever met, absoutly hooked.