The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Watched the first 3 eps of Arrested Development

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #85138  by Lox
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:00 am
Wow, that show is great. I never thought much of it seeing promos and such, but it's really good.

I like Gob, the magician brother, especially throwing the dead dove into the ocean. haha

I also really like the whole George Michael having the hots for his cousin thing.

Anyone else watch this?

#85144  by Eric
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:20 pm
Don't get too attatched, it's getting canceled.

#85146  by Lox
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:19 pm
Eric wrote:Don't get too attatched, it's getting canceled.
Yeah I know. I figure, I have a lot to watch since I've never seen it before, so I can just be happy knowing that.

#85148  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:52 pm
Yeah, it is a pretty funny show with an interesting cast of characters and an original premise. I appreciate it more each time I watch it. My only problem is that it sometimes seems like it's trying harder to be "smart" than "funny" and the overall quality of the comedy suffers because of it.

And since this post is reminding me of a Family Guy quote...
Family Guy wrote:"I finally figured out Aaron Sorkin's Sports Night! It's a comedy that's too good to be funny!"

#85149  by Kupek
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:13 pm
I really liked Sports Night. I watched all of the DVDs recently.

#85150  by Gentz
 Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:34 pm
I really liked Sports Night too, actually. But that quote is funny to me.

#85163  by SineSwiper
 Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:22 am
I hated Sports Night. What a stupid show! It's like it was a normal show without any comedy or drama or anything.