The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Naruto 136.....you guys are slacking off (spoilers)

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #87790  by Zeus
 Fri May 27, 2005 10:17 am
Geez, I can understand why Big Daddy Mac is slower now, but Sine and Eric, you boys have no excuse :-)

I'm actually not overly sickened by this filler....yet. It's good to finally have Sakura be more than a pion (which she so gladly acknowledged). If they work it properly, we could also see her start on her training path with Tsunade. Depending on whether or not they decide to concentrate on the stupid mission or actually develop her character a bit more, it could turn out to be bad/good.

On a side note, I'd like to see them downplay the Naruto/Jiraya clownness a bit. Yes, they're both goofs, but they really overdo it in the show. What could be one of the best pairs is nothing more than comic relief. Jiraya could be a helluva kick-ass character, but unfortunately, we've only seen a very little bit of that (vs Itachi/Kisame), and that's far too little. They just need to make him a little more serious so he's not just a court jester (even though he's dressed like one :-).

#87847  by SineSwiper
 Sat May 28, 2005 6:22 am
Heh, I almost forgot about the next episode. I guess it's the end of that one arc, so I'm not as religious about it.

The episode isn't bad. I don't mind the two's goofiness. That line with Naruto whispering to Saruka while he's detailing the "mission" was great! Naruto knows him too well, now. Jiraya will probably be kicking ass in a few episodes, but not right now. He'll have to encounter some real ninja first.