The Other Worlds Shrine

Your place for discussion about RPGs, gaming, music, movies, anime, computers, sports, and any other stuff we care to talk about... 

• Arranged Square music

• Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
Your favorite band sucks, and you have terrible taste in movies.
 #90803  by Nev
 Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:34 am
I just downloaded Hikari (the J-pop song at the end of Kingdom Hearts) in the original Japanese...I'm still trying to decide if it's terrible or not.

I wondered if the Japanese version sucked less than the American re-record...it seems to suck less, but that might be because I can't understand the lyrics.

*sigh*

I really liked the KH theme and was hoping that if there was a vocal version it would be good. Does not seem to be. I had loved Radical Dreamers (The Jewel Untaken) from Chrono Cross, and I like arranged mixes of Square games (Brink of Time, Celtic Moon, etc.) Anyone have any to recommend that I may not have heard of?
 #90806  by Zeus
 Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:30 pm
Mental wrote:I just downloaded Hikari (the J-pop song at the end of Kingdom Hearts) in the original Japanese...I'm still trying to decide if it's terrible or not.

I wondered if the Japanese version sucked less than the American re-record...it seems to suck less, but that might be because I can't understand the lyrics.

*sigh*

I really liked the KH theme and was hoping that if there was a vocal version it would be good. Does not seem to be. I had loved Radical Dreamers (The Jewel Untaken) from Chrono Cross, and I like arranged mixes of Square games (Brink of Time, Celtic Moon, etc.) Anyone have any to recommend that I may not have heard of?
There's been shitloads. The 2002 concert was incredible. All symphonic versions of the classic and new songs. I just saw a concert in Detroit that had the same arrangements, very good. There's the Black Mages albums, the rock versions with Uematsu's band. There's Xenogears Creid, which is all remixed. As is Chrono Trigger: Brink of Time and Final Fantasy: Grand Finale. There's some celtic remixes of the 4, 5, and 6 soundtracks and piano mixes of 4-9 as well.

Can't remember all the others

#90818  by Garford
 Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:10 pm
Checking my Winamp media library:

Vocal Square Songs

9 Times - Professional Baseball
Eyes on Me - FF VII
Forever More - The Bouncer
Lovely Strains - Soukaigi
Melodies of Life - FF IX
Radical Dreamers - Chrono Cross
Small Two of Pieces - Xenogears
Song of Mana - Legend of Mana
Stars of Tears - Xenogears
Tiny Wings - Dice de Chocobo
Treasure Box of The Heart - Chocobo Racing

Hikari - Kingdom Hearts
Simple and Clean - Kingdom Hearts (English ver)

Somnia Memorias - Parasite Eve

Kaze no Ne - FF: CC
Hoshizukiyo - FF: CC
Suteki Da Ne - FFX
Utikisama - FFX
Pure Heart - FFX
Outer World - FFX
Real Emotions - FFX-2 (Spare your ears, don't listen to these 2 FFX-2 songs)
1000 Words - FFX-2

Final Fantasy - Love Will Grow
Final Fantasy - Pray

Both contains world themes from FFI-VI I think, with vocals added.

Final Fantasy Song Book Mahoroba

Contains some FFVII to FFIX world themes, with Vocals added, in an enka style.

Final Fantasy X-2 Vocal Collection Rikku
Final Fantasy X-2 Vocal Collection Paine
Final Fantasy X-2 Vocal Collection Yuna

Have some songs here and there that appears on remix albums that I might have missed out.

As for arranged mixes, Zeus cover most of the significant one.

20020220 - Music From Final Fantasy
FFVIII Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
Xenogears Light An Arranged Album

#90820  by Tortolia
 Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:27 pm
You want to know about game music and look for recommendations?

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/

There you go. Probably the most knowledgeable place you'll find.

#90874  by Nev
 Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:10 pm
Wow. Thanks all. I'm still in the process of looking over these links.